Do you eat all of your calories?

Just curious! I've eaten quite a bit today - breakfast, a big lunch, 3 snacks, and dinner, and I still have 650ish calories left.

Do you eat all of your calories to meet your weight goals, or just eat to feel full?

Comments

• edited March 2018

i eat all my calories goal , maybe lil more :D:D:D:D

• I try to. Eating too few can be equal a problem to eating too much. Are all your settings correct for the calculation of how much you should eat?

• @Kaliedra - thank you! I think I've figured it out. I've changed my activity level in my settings to "None" so only my Fitbit is tracking and nothing is double counting. Cross your fingers, I hope this works! I'm eating between 1600-1900 calories per day depending on how I'm feeling, how hungry I am, etc. Hopefully this works!

• @koppakabana

Glad you figured it out! I just want to add that it's so important to listen to (and respect) your hunger and fullness cues; I find it's one of the keys to weight loss and health. :smile:

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Usually all of them but the odd time I'm not hungry so I short a day. The same odd time I might go way over so it balances out.

• Occasionally I go under. Usually I'll get close to my goal. I've been good so far not going over, except on my 1 cheat day per week.

• @Lowcarb_Tom

100%! Food preoccupation can sabotage the best weight loss efforts.

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited January 2019

edit

• It is good if you will count and intake your calories according to your workout and your body requirements.

• I usually am a few hundred calories short. I try to be as accurate as possible by weighing my food, choosing the correct name, brand and preparation from the "add food". What I don't get is when I work out it subtracts calories from according to how much energy has been burned. Now, am I supposed to eat those calories back? I don't fully understand how to use that feature. I used a Fitbit Charge 2 but it doesn't track everything I do so I have to "add exercise".

For instance, my total for the day was 1700 calories intake, my workouts burned 489 which was added to calories remaining after eating dinner. I don't want to lose weight really fast so I eat a little more but never run over.

Can I get some clarification?