Options

Seeking guidance (recording Restaurant food)

Howdy Cronometer community! I am new to a whole food/plant based diet...currently almost two months. I started Crono not quite two weeks ago. Love it.

In the last two days I went to restaurants with family. I ate well and stuck to the diet, but I am now struggling to enter my meals into crono.

Over the past 2 days I had; Powerhouse salad, part of a spinach avocado wrap, veggie gyro, and a gluten free pasta with artichoke hearts, mushroom, spinach, etc... The restaurants were "Wine into Water," "Tatziki's," and "Carabba's."

Any advice on how to capture or quantify these things?

Comments

• Options

@Planty_McNoob

Congrats on the plant-based diet!

The way I ask my clients to track restaurant meals that they can't find in the database is to a) enter the generic version of what you ate b) enter a larger food compared to what you actually ate to account for lost calories. I've also suggested that clients simply make a note that they went out to a restaurant (using the "Add Note" feature) and to not include that day of intake in their reports.

Hope this helps!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Very much appreciated, Susan! I have now gone in an approximated each and feel like I got fairly close to reality. Close enough to not be off target anyway. Thank you.