Adding New Recipes

Is there an easier way to add an entire recipe by simply copying and pasting all of the ingredients at once instead of one at a time? If not are there any anticipated updates?

Comments

• @chopper, Yes there is! If you have entered all of the ingredients of the recipe in your Diary, you can Multiselect by selecting the ingredients while holding the shift key on your keyboard. Then right click (ctrl+click on apple) on the group and select "Create Recipe from Selected Items". On the app version for your Mobile device you can multi-select items by going to the "More'' icon on the top right of the screen. Once the desired items have been selected, click on the gear icon beside ''Multi-Select Mode'' to copy items. Then Select the Gear Icon and then select "Create Recipe from Group".

You can also use recipes more easily by sharing them with other Cronometer users that you are eating with! In your profile settings (profile tab) click 'Add Friend' in the sharing section, and add in your friend's e-mail. Once they accept the friendship, they will be able to search for your custom foods and recipes!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi guys, I am a new user and still going through the learning curve; I use the app mostly and although I can make up a recvipe, I cash add it/see it when I add food. The tutorial looks different to the app?

• I’ve made some recipes but can’t figure out how to add them to my food diary. I use the app exclusively, BTW.

• Hi there,

Once you have created a recipe (or custom food) and saved it, you will be able to search for it like any other food in the database.

Tap the Add Food icon, in the search dialogue box start typing the name of your recipe and it should appear in the list of options. Your custom foods and recipes should appear in blue rather than black text.

You can also select the Custom tab when searching for foods, to narrow down your results to only your custom foods and recipes. In the app, you can find the custom tab by swiping the tabs to the left

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Thank you, Karen. That was a great help.

• Well, I thought it was, but when I tried to apply it, I realized I either don’t understand your answer (probably) or the answer is incomplete. I want to be able to add the saved recipe to my diary. I’m not having any luck finding the Custom tab. When you say swipe the tabs to the left, are you talking about swiping the on the 4 dots under “Target”? Everything else I swipe to the left says “Delete”. I hate to be such a bother to you.

• Hi Lasses - no problem at all!

You want to swipe the bar containing the title of each tab: I put a red box around the area you want to swipe:

In this picture I have swiped all the way to the right-most category (custom). You can see the arrow on the left that indicates I have to swipe to the left to see the other categories. You can tap on any of the categories to narrow your search to results in that category only.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Thank you SOO much. I see it now. The gray text on the lighter gray background made it hard for my old eyes to see. Maybe the text is really black, but sincev losing my contrast vision, the black looks gray. It would be great for people with my problem if you could have a lighter background, or even one with more color to it. Thank you so much for your help.

• Thank you SOO much. I see it now. The gray text on the lighter gray background made it hard for my old eyes to see. Maybe the text is really black, but sincev losing my contrast vision, the black looks gray. It would be great for people with my problem if you could have a lighter background, or even one with more color to it. Thank you so much for your help.

• I have a recipe that I want to add an ingredient to that is packaged mixed dried fruit - how do I add that if it is not in the system please?

• Hahaha - never mind, I found it! Great website!