Options

When to add Biometric /Change Weight?

Hello! New and loving this app, especially my mobile app with food scanner! No excuses to not be accountable anymore...
Since weight can change daily up or down... when should I make make those changes to my profile? Weekly or whenever it is over a certain poundage?

Comments

• Options

It's really up to you. I measure and log various biometrics (weight, waist size, body fat) once a week, roughly the same time first thing in the morning.

• Options

Weekly was my plan...Saturday mornings, before the weekend damage and after a week of recovery :D Thank you Vickie!

• Options

@jbean01

I don't recommend weighing yourself more than 1x per week. Our weight fluctuates too much day-to-day to get an accurate intake.

When interpreting your results, try to look at monthly trends as this is more indicative of true weight changes.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

I always weigh daily (cuz I don't obsess over the numbers). Because of this, I know HOW I lose weight. I'll lose a couple pounds and then go up half a pound to a pound and then I'll lose a couple more. The graph is up and down, but the tip of the ups have a downward trend. I don't freak out when I gain a little because I know it is normal. If I weighed weekly, I'd lose all the detail info and might freak out if two weekly weigh-ins were on the uptick.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• Options

@comanchesue

As a practitioner, I would be fine weighing yourself daily given that you don't obsess over the numbers and understand that day-to-day fluctuations are normal and not reflective of true weight change. I've found everyone is different regarding the optimal weighing schedule, but ultimately, the goal is to be able to step on a scale and have no emotional reaction to the number. Our weight is not necessarily an indicator of our health; it's much more effective to focus on habits like our dietary intake, stress, sleep, and physical activity level . :smile:

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

It's hard not to have an emotional reaction to the # whether good or bad. Sometimes the # on the scale is the only support and encouragement a person has.

• Options

@jbean01 That (IMO) is one of the more important things to address for weight loss. The scale provides information-that's all. It's not telling you "good girl" or calling you names if you gain. It is being helpful and giving you the info you can use to adjust things. Which is why I weigh every day-I know if I go up after losing it's a normal and temporary thing for me and soon I'll go down by more than I went up. Knowing this helps keep the emotional reaction away.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002