Options

New // How to Read Nutrition Report

Hello all. I am new to the cite and forum and am trying to figure out how to read the nutrition report. Like, what areas do I need to improve? Which areas did I overeat? Under eat? Where/why arent fruits and vegetables showing on my report?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options

Hi Cmethve,

The nutrition report gives you a summary of your average intake over a particular time period. It's a great tool to see where you are meeting your goals and finding areas where you could improve. The nutrient targets are colour-coded to give you a visual of where you are under your targets (yellow), meeting your targets (green) or exceeding the maximum targets (red). You can also take a look at the percentages listed beside each nutrient target to see how close you are to your target value, on average.

Cronometer focuses your intake of each nutrient rather than each food group - that would be a great addition to the report. Thanks for the idea!

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Ok, so maybe this is a silly question. What do vegetables and fruits count towards then? Carbohydrates? Vitamins?

• Options

Hi Cmethve,

Fruits and vegetables contain all types of nutrients! Click on a food in your diary to see how it contributes to all of your nutrient targets.

You can also see what nutrients are in a food before you add them to your diary. Select the food from the list of search results. You will see the amount of macronutrients (protein, carbs and fat) in the selected serving of the food. Click on the link just below to see the full nutrient profile for the food (circled below)

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer