Options

Viewing Serving Size in Diary

When viewing my diary after inputting my foods, is there a way to see the total number of grams I am eating of that food. Right now I just see for example 1.2 servings then i have to open each food to see the various serving sizes. It makes the food prep process very tedious. There has to be a more concise format!

Answers

• Options

@L_H_1982 ,
    Unfortunately I don't think there is a direct way to do what you described. What you could do is, when adding a food item look at the grams of 1 serving and multiply that by how many servings you have had. So if you have had 0.5 servings of rolled oats, and the full serving size of rolled oats is 40 grams, multiply 40 by 0.5.
    40g * 0.5 = 20g
    40g * 1.7 = 68g
    Then add your serving in grams instead.
    This method is of coarse a tedious one, but if you get used to it, then it really shouldn't be a bother.
    I suggest you suggest a fix to this problem in the feature request forum.

• Options
    edited July 2018

That will work! Thanks! I will suggest a fix for this.

• Options

Hi L_H_1982,

You can see the weight of the foods that you have already added to your diary. Click on the unit for the item, and select 'g' from the drop-down list (if available). The serving size will update automatically to calculate the gram amount of the serving size you had previously entered.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer