Question about Ribeye Entry? `

I tried to log a ribeye last night, so I entered "Ribeye, Cooked" in the search bar. Every entry listed said: "Separable Lean Only, Trimmed to 0" Fat". I did not trim my ribeye, and although it wasn't super fatty, and I didn't eat all the fat, I'm wondering if there's a better entry that would include fat?

Thank you!

Comments

• If you had the package (assuming it came in a package), I would compare nutrition entries to whats listed in the food database. Just from a simple search, I see a lot of entries with trimmed to 0", which would personally sadden me considering one of the tasty parts of a ribeye is the grilled animal fat. I digress. I do see a "Pre, Beef Ribeye Steak" in the list. Part of the challenge I can see there is that Ribeyes tend to vary in terms of fat content. Comparing the package to what is in the databse may be the most accurate. Or compare a few and get an average, then choose an entry that is close to that average.

Thats how I would approach it, anyway.

--
    Tim

• edited August 2018

when i have a ribeye, which at 20 a pop isn't often, lol...i use the raw one and if it's got a bone i weigh it before and after eating it....figure the fat would be 100 or so cals at most so on a weekly avg intake not a big deal...14 cals and on the monthly avg, 100-200 cals would be 5 cals on the avg....i'd call those 'nominal'

but the last ribeye i had was july of last year looked up what i logged it under and if you use a space and search for rib eye instead of ribeye they have a 1/8" fat version...

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• That was it! A space. Thank you!

• edited August 2018

@bracconiere I eat the bone as well (but I don't weigh it after eating it like you do), or if I'm not hungry after eating the flesh I bury the bone in my backyard for later

#moredotsthanadalmatian

• if you're avoiding dairy than it's a good source of calcium right!? lol (looking back over that it did come out wrong, like a lot of what i say)....

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• and totally as a joke, and being new to social media....Why did tcolvin give him the like for something i said! lol, i should at least get a agree or something. i'm playing this whole thing like an RPG....gots to get my promote pips for the star trek universe....other people are already admirals....