Does Chronometer eventually work out a more accurate BMR?

Hi
I've used Chronometer on and off for a couple of years, and having just found out I'm pregnant I signed up for Gold. I've got my macros set to fixed as I'm not trying to diet, just make sure I'm getting all the nutrition I need.

The thing that confuses me is the calories. I've never been a calorie counter and I've also always been able to eat whatever I want without putting any weight on. Yes that is annoying as much as others might think I'm lucky! My BMI is 19.6 and I've been trying to get it to 20 for about 2 years, but nothing seems to do it!

I've got my weight set to maintain weight as I know I don't need to gain anything in the first trimester.
I'm just wondering, if I use this for a while and my weight doesn't change, will Chronometer realise and change the amount of calories I'm allowed to maintain weight?

At the moment I'm just ignoring it but I don't like seeing that I've got -110 or so calories left for the day as it makes me feel like I'm over eating. I've got a pretty nutritious diet and seem to be overindulging in everything pretty equally, I think I just have a fast metabolism.

I'm also wondering if there's anything else I need to keep an eye on? I've read the blog post on tracking when pregnant so this was the main thing really.
Thanks!

Comments

• Hi FreyaR,

Cronometer will not change your caloric intake - the software uses a calculation based on your age, gender, weight, and lifestage. If there is no change in these variables, the calories in Cronometer won't change.

You can customize your energy targets though, if you have found values that work better for you! Choose Fixed Targets from the macronutrient settings in the Profile tab. Then you can edit the energy target in the nutritional targets section to enter in a custom value.

Congratulations on your wonderful news! I will mention that Cronometer has pregnancy settings that will update your nutrient targets for pregnant women. In the Profile tab, look at the Body Details section. For 'sex' choose female, and from the drop-down menu choose pregnant.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thank you! I'm still figuring my way around the app but I've made a couple of tweaks so I'll see how it goes :-)