Options

adding self defense to activities

I haven't figured out how to add a martial arts based self defense class to my activities. just "martial arts" records way more calories burned than I imagine my class actually burns so I'm having to fudge on the time and hope what I put in is close to the actual calories I've burned. Help!

Comments

• Options

I can't tell is my own suggestion is a totally serious one or not: what about "police, making an arrest, standing" as an alternative? Hahaha! I really don't know. XD

• Options

keep track of what you eat. watch the scale. time will tell.

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• Options

I don't know how accurate making an arrest is but I'm glad I know that's available because it's hilarious lol

• Options

Hi @srae505 using the pre-set activities that we have listed in our database will only ever be an estimate, however close you may get. The best way to determine calories burned is to use an activity tracker with a heartrate monitor. Cronometer integrates with a number of different activity trackers, which you can peruse on the Profile tab of your Cronometer account. There are a couple of discussions about activity tracker preferences on this forum, should you be interested in obtaining one and need guidance on deciding which will be the best option for your needs.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer