Oura fitness ring from Finnish company

If you have not checked it out yet, the Oura ring (https://ouraring.com/) is an impressive sleep hacking/monitoring device that correlates at over 95% to sleep lab results. It also does a lot of the other fitness devices things such as calories expended, pedometer, heart rate, etc.

Check out Ben Greenfield fitness for some good info on the ring....

Would love to see CM integrate at least the sleep function that accurately indicates light, deep, & REM sleep, in addition to body temps while sleeping.

Not going to hold my breath for CM to recognize the deep sleep results from the Garmin tracking devices even though it seems trivial to add this since you already import gross sleep hours. I am left wondering if there was a technical reason for not to do this, of if it was just being myopic.

Anyhow I will report back about the ring. There is a huge back order that they are just catching up on.

Joe Tittiger
Seymour MO
joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com

Comments

• edited October 2018

Yes, I think an integration with the Oura ring would be a great addition to Cronometer.

I currently use both the Oura ring and the Fitbit Ionic. Even with the Ionic being Fitbit's most accurate and powerful tracker to date, the Oura ring outperforms the Ionic in accuracy and reliability of HR data.

I currently use Cronometer as my main caloric input app, having switched from MyFitnessPal some months back. My caloric requirement is set using the BMR calculation provided by Cronometer (Mifflin equation) and the caloric burn data provided by the Fitbit Ionic. I must say I love this combination and it has turned out more reliable than multiples estimates based on my BMR and activity level.

I'd love to have the ability to do the same with my Oura ring and ultimately replace the Fitbit burn data for the data from Oura as, as I explained, is way more reliable as an ECG device than the Fitbit devices.

Any chance we can see this in the near future 2018 or 2019?

• We are currently working on an integration with Oura Ring! :)

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• That is great to hear Hilary. I was hoping that CM didn't miss the boat on this one.
    Keep coming up with reasons for us "old timers" to stick around.

I can now see the day that I postulate questions here about the Oura. But I do hear that they have their own active forum.

Joe Tittiger
    Seymour MO
    joe ATT Tittiger DOTT com

• Any information about how soon we can get Oura to sync with cronometer?

• edited November 2018

@ketocrypto @tittiger @Mikel Oura was just released! ~10 minutes ago! Check it out on the profile tab under "Devices"

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer