Protein

Hello,

My settings were automatically set to 'custom' and I was always incredibly low in protein, which was confusing.

Now I've set them to 'fixed targets' and my protein intake is a lot better/higher. This seems about right, but why was I really low in 'custom'?

Thank you

Answers

• Hi Abie,

This depends on your Profile settings.
    Your nutritional targets by default are set to a custom ratio based on the Dietary Reference Intakes for your age, sex, height, weight. The custom setting is a dynamic macronutrient target that will calculate your macros based on how many calories you burn each day.

Your calories burned comes from your BMR, activity level chosen, any exercises you have logged to your diary manually or using a fitness tracker connected to your account, and will also take into account a weight gain or weight loss goal, if you have one set.

Fixed Values allows you to customize the number of grams of protein you would for your target.

How much did your protein target change when you changed your macronutrient targets?

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi Karen,

Thank you for this. The protein target changed quite dramatically - it often would be less than 50 % but now I'm on a fixed setting I usually hit 100%.

I'm not sure if it's because I've set it to maintain my weight, and because I have a very small frame and am quite petite, it thinks I'm underweight for my height..

Thanks,
    Abie