UI/UX requests

1) I generally use the web version more than the mobile version and would like to have the interface work where you only need to double click the the description line (breakfast, lunch, dinner etc) and have have the Add Food window open. Right now you can right click on it and select Add Food, double clicking the line would be a better user experience.

2) I would like to see a way to carry over items from the previous day. Maybe the right click menu could have a Copy Previous Day option. For example, for breakfast you had eggs, bacon, coffee etc. The next day you have the same thing. A simple right click Copy Previous Day could bring over whatever was in that specific topic from the previous day. It would also be a nicer user experience than the copy/paste from the previous day that I do now.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2019

Hi today915,

I have a couple of ideas you can try:
    right-click the diary header and select Add Food from the menu that appears. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Alt-A (Alt-Ctl-A on Mac OS X).

Use the settings menu (gear icon) in the top right corner to find the option to Copy Previous Day

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks, for the ideas.
    Alt-Ctrl-A is ok. Not as good of a 'user experience' as the double click option, but better than the right click add food option. Double click would be a better experience (to me anyway).
    As for the copy previous day, it's nice, but it copies the whole day. The whole day is never (usually) the same and you end up having to remove stuff. Copying a specific time, breakfast, lunch, dinner etc makes more sense to me, and would be more useful.

• Hi today915,

Thanks for your feedback :)

I misunderstood your Copy Previous Day request - my apologies. We have more options for copying items!

You can select a diary group to copy all the items listed in that group at once.
    You can multi-select items by holding the shift key and clicking each item you would like to copy.

Once the items you want are selected, use the settings menu in the top corner of the diary or right-click the highlighted items and select Copy Selected Items.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Hi,
    Yes, I know you can copy manually from the prior days and paste then on the new day. However, that takes too many clicks. I'm speaking of the user experience. I know that you can copy / paste, BUT, if one was able to just double click the section, breakfast for example, the previous days items would come over with just one click (or a double click in this case). I would limit it to the previous day only. If you wanted to go back further, then the cut/paste would be the way to go. Remember, I'm speaking of the user experience getting better, not just another way, or existing way to do something. Taking what you have and streamlining it more by shortening the process to copy over a diary group.
    I like the cut/paste, I go back to grab an item for my current day every know and then. But if I could just double click the diary group and bring over what was in it the previous day, that would be a great user experience.
    Thanks.

• Hi today915,

Thanks for the additional info to improve the UX of copying a diary group from the previous day with a double-click!

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com