Finding custom chain foods

edited March 2018 in General Discussion

Hello all, I’m new to Chronometer. I’m trying it out as it seems potentially more appealing than my other app MyFitnessPal.

I’m trying to figure out how everyone adds custom meals from fast food chains or elsewhere. For example, if I go to McDonald’s & buy a Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit with NO biscuit how I add it on the app. Or even something like a McDonalds Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich (No Bread). Both of these items I can find in MyFitnessPal pretty easily but I can’t seem to find it when I use Chronometer with the “No Bread” option. Is there a clever work around I haven’t realized?

I tried adding a side of McDonald’s Bacon, Side of Egg, Side of Cheese, but can’t find McDonald’s Cheese. Same for the Artisan Sandwich, I tried adding a generic chicken patty, tomato, lettuce, can’t find the sauce though? Thoughts?

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

I learnt these tricks from various users and staff at the forums here. There are two ways to achieve it:

1. Add individual ingredients to compile your burger with no bun (which you have tried but didn't work).
    2. Add whole burger, use negative value to subtract the bun (e.g. -1 each for bun item).

Trick 2 might work for your case?

Answers