[bug] lag, hangs

The first one was fixed by scrolling. The second just hung like that for several seconds, then resolved.

Bringing up an add food or an edit food, it's 100% of the time doing some kind of jumpy thing that looks to me like memory issues. One out of ten maybe it's actually hanging.

At one point doing roughly the same activities, I got a loading spinner that lasted 26 seconds. (I think I was editing an ingredient of a recipe, but I forgot to document it after lunch so I can't give you exact steps.)

(Btw, it's related to my creating a 90000 Calorie testing day, because it has been happening pretty consistently during my actual use. I just did a test day to get you screenshots.)

Comments

• That's build 313, latest iOS version, iPhone X.

• Just now, adding food, 15 seconds.

• I've noticed a few slow moments, but only like a second or two. so yes!

• Uh oh. Twice today it hung (with the transparent window as usual), apparently indefinitely. After about 30 seconds I tapped around on the screen for a second or two and it un-hung. I did this twice, so it looks like it actually was the tapping that caused it to un-hung.

Here is a screenshot from today. (The loading spinner wasn't moving.)

• I can’t get in with the latest beta that I downloaded last night. Gets stuck on loading.

• 3.0.6. Testflight isn't offering me an update. Might be because I'm out of the country this week?

• @AnotherAlex the latest build 3.0.7 for testflight was released a couple of hours ago (Apr.29) You should now be able to access it.
    @JGLongIsland which build did this occur on for you?

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Two builds ago. I'm on the one that came down later today and it's working.

• Latest beta doesn’t hang but it doesn’t seem to synchronize with HealthKit in a timely basis. Shouldn’t it do it each time you go to the app? Maybe an update button or gesture should be added.

• Thanks @JGLongIsland we are aware of some continuing problems with Apple Health. I'll give you a shout if we need some more details, and/or when we've got some more fixes in a build - should be some coming up soon ;)

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Health kit is really bad/slow in the latest version, and more often than not when it does get the data it doesn't put it in the right spot (I have a section called "Activity" and the preferences as set that the data goes there). It's been putting them into Breakfast. Probably going back to 2.3.5, this version is driving me crazy.

• Hi @JGLongIsland you should be able to update to 3.0.8 (319) which was released this morning. Try it out and let me know, please!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• I only see 3.0.7 in test flight

• my apologies @JGLongIsland , just spoke to one of our developers about this. Looks like it is available for the free app only on Testflight. The paid app is waiting for Apple to review it, and should be available shortly - thanks for your patience!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• I have v3.0.8 (b319-IP) from the App Store there were some things in HealthKit missing from April 21 and 28 so I did a backfill from the 20th, which took a few minutes. After this all the imported items were in the first group, setting is set to last group, took about 20 minutes to move todays imports to the correct group, yesterdays imports took about 30 minutes from import, the other days took about 2 minutes per day to get moved to the correct group.

• I got the last few TestFlight updates a day or 2 after the App Store version of the same version.

• Hi @Allan we have a fix for this diary group issue set to be released for the next update.

My apologies for the build number and release time mixups, we are doing a LOT of releases recently, to quickly fix anything that arises in the public rollout. This means, as a result, we are sometimes merging the beta tester group release in with the public release in order to get things out quickly. Once we have passed this phase of release (rollout to public), builds will be released at a more standard rate and continuing with the process of internal testing > public beta testing > public release.

Thanks for your patience while we get through these growing pains! We really appreciate our beta testing group and all you guys do for us! You have been providing us with such valuable information, and we will continue the beta testing program as we grow!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• No worries @Hilary, I have both installed, the public with HealthKit connected, the beta with it disconnected most of the time. I've been using both releases, mostly the public release as that is what has the HeathKit data since I started with Cronometer.
    When the beta has something new I use it with HealthKit connected to test then disconnect it and delete its data from Health app when the public version is released.