Broccoli Sprouts and Cacao Nibs

Broccoli Sprouts: In CRDB these look like an incredible powerhouse of stuff like Vitamin E and selenium, both of which I have trouble hitting on a vegetarian (almost exclusively vegan) diet. But I am a doubting Thomas and have not been able to find reliable information online to confirm. It almost sounds too good to be true, so I am wondering, where did Cronometer get it and if it's verified?

Cacao Nibs: There is barely any nutrients data in any of the entries I have found in CRDB. I know for a fact that cacao nibs are a rather good source of selenium, for instance, but there is not a single entry which lists it. USDA has full information on raw cocoa powder, but that's has a bit of a different ratio of nutrients and considerably less fat Do you have a good, reliable source for nutritional data for cacao nibs?

Comments

• Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited July 2019

Thanks, Hilary.

Unfortunately, the link doesn't address my questions.

On Broccoli Sprouts, there are two entries ("Broccoli Seeds, Sprouted" and Broccoli Sprouts, Raw") and the data for both is user-generated ( CRDB) The data supporting reference is a dead link (and a dead domain): http://www.broccosprouts.com/sgs-advantage/nutritional-content.

My question was, how was it verified by your staff, since there is nothing I can find anywhere which support the seemingly too good to be true claims, especially about Vitamin E content?

Speaking of user generated content, I have gone through the trouble of entering several items, with clear label images and support, but while a couple were approved virtually instantaneously, the rest are still just for my use. I am referring to items like:

• Revly Vegan Nutritional Yeast Non-Fortified (Amazon's brand)
    • Swanson Alpha GPC
    • Frontier Powdered Olive Leaf - certified organic
    • Puritan's Pride Timed Release B-12 1000mcg
    • Source Naturals vitamin D3 1000mg
    • Black Gram (Black Urad or vigna mungo beans)) (Organic)
    • NOW Vitamin K2 (MK-4)
  • Hello @Blobo ,
    Yes, looks like you are right; we do not have any broccoli sprouts listed in our database from one of our lab analysed sources. I will look into finding a lab analysed entry for this.
    Entries from CRDB are branded entries verified by our staff by cross referencing with manufacturer information. If you find a mistake, please report an issue

We enter user submitted foods daily. We are a small team and try to get to everyones submissions! Some submissions may be rejected if label information is not verifiable (ie. blurry picture, and/or no online information). If they haven't been rejected, be assured they are in our queue and we process more foods every day!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer