Options

Ability to add Customer Exercise on the mobile app

I <3 Cronometer -- but find myself regularly doing one thing that is frustrating and seems like it would be a simple feature to add for a dev :).

On the web-app, I'm easily able to specify custom exercise for a specific amount of calories. My use case for this is to take data from my watch on calorie burn and factor it into my daily calorie count on Cronometer. When I try to do this on the mobile app, there is no option for adding a custom exercise, really just adding a specific amount of calories, and so I always just choose, "yoga", and adjust the minutes until it matches the calorie burn I'm looking for.

Could you add a way to easily add a custom amount of calories to my day? My workaround seems somewhat hacky.

<3<3<3,
Perry (a software dev at Amazon, a yogi, a mountain rescuer, and an avid advocate of Cronometer!)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018

Hi @PaleoHiker ,
    That is a great idea, and I am sure many other users would like to see the ability to add a custom exercise on mobile as well. Thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime, if you have created a custom exercise via the web version on a previous day, you could copy that diary entry and paste it in your current day. Alternatively you can create a "Note" for your diary and add it in once you have the web version - not an ideal solution, I know, but at least will be accurate.

If you have a fitness device such as Fitbit or Polar (or even a device that we don't support but which syncs with google fit or Apple health which can then sync to Cronometer) you can sync it to Cronometer to get accurate exercise information uploaded automatically to your daily diary!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Cronometer posted that they would be updating their tool to take custom exercise via the mobile app back in 2011!!!!!

Is it not done yet?

• Options

hello Cronometer! Are you listening? I see many posts saying you are working on this going back years. Make this a priority. I should be able to add a reusable custom exercise just like I add a recipe. I’m ok if I have to go to the web to create it, but I want to be able to use it on mobile.

• Options

@Lake161 we sure are listening! We check this forum daily and add every user request to our tally. We then prioritise directly based on user requests! This is at the top of our list and we are currently working on a complete overhaul of the Add exercise feature! Stay tuned here and on our social media platforms for more info!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Options

Looking forward to this overhaul...would love to be able to add custom exercises from mobile. What's baffling is that if I add a custom exercise to my diary on the web I CAN edit it on mobile...I just can't create a custom entry on mobile...

• Options
    edited October 2019

@savyzzyz :# yep, there are a couple of places where the web version doesn't quite match the mobile version. Sometimes this is due to limitations on each platforms, but more likely (And in this case) we simply haven't got to it yet. It's the same way with custom biometrics (Can create on web but not on mobile) We are hoping to close some of these gaps in the coming year and make each platform match the other.

Hilary
    cronometer.com