Transfering Food from Previous Day

If you eat the same items multiple days in a row, is it possible to copy and paste the items into the next day? Right now I am having to find each individual food item each day. There has to be an easier way.

Comments

• You can copy an individual food or multiple foods from one day and paste them on a different day.

If you want to copy only a few items from a different day you can multi-select them by holding down the shift key while clicking them, then right-clicking on them to bring up a pop-up menu where you can select 'Copy Selected Items'.

If you are using the mobile app, from your food diary, click the 'More' tab and tap Multi-Select'. Select the foods you want to copy and tap the gear icon and select 'Copy'. Go to a new day and select the 'More' tab again and then 'Paste'.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• One feature I miss from LoseIt is the ability to search for a meal (for example all of dinner or all of lunch) and copy the whole thing into today's log. Start typing "taco" for instance and all meals that contain the word "taco" are listed.

• @John_Vance You can create a "Recipe" for your meal by Multi-selecting as @kkelly suggested but then Right Clicking and selecting "Create Recipe From Selected Items".
    As a gold User you also have the ability to Separate your day into Groups or Meals. If you have enabled this feature, click on the Meal Header to select all items in that group so that you can create a recipe. Then when you search for the title of your recipe it will show up as a custom food. You may also share your recipe with friends if you are eating with another Cronometer User!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• edited September 2017

Well, this is probably just due to my own anal retentiveness combined with lack of organization and laziness. Copying a previous day's meal works, if I can remember which day it was that I had a similar meal. Often I don't, and it was a few weeks prior, so the ability to search through my own food diary would be super helpful. Often I eat the same meal, but the amounts of foods is different, so I want to copy the foods and change the gram weights rather than creating a set recipe from a meal which will not allow me to change individual amounts of the separate "ingredients." Example - I made bean tacos two weeks ago. I used 160 grams of refried beans and 90 grams of guacamole. This week, 180 grams of refried beans and 70 grams of guacamole.

• @John_Vance if you create a recipe with Cronometer you can then keep it as a template. I do the same thing when I cook, so I totally understand. For unorganized (Spontaneous) people like you and I we have an "Explode recipe" feature. For instance last night I made a berry crumble but usually I make an apple crumble, so I created a recipe in my Cronometer account for "Apple crumble". Then I added "Apple Crumble" to my Diary. Then I right clicked on the recipe and selected "Explode Recipe". This shows all the ingredients separately in my diary and allows me to delete apples and add an equivalent amount of berries instead. (But the recipe is saved in my account for when I next make my normal apple crumble) Within your diary on the web browser version you can click on the gram values and serving sizes to change them at your discretion!

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• @John_Vance you can also use the 'Explode Recipe' command on a recipe logged in your diary to break it back into the ingredients, which you could then modify quickly to match the day's amounts.

• Thanks - this is helpful. I'd still request a "search own diary" feature as a nice to have.

• Is it possible to do some of these features with the "free" version or only with Gold.

• @Choicenotchance Creating a recipe by multi-selecting foods in your diary and exploding a recipe are features available in the non-Gold version as well!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Exploding is definitely a standard feature, but I believe creating a recipe from multi-selecting food entries in the diary is a gold feature!

• I've been trying to figure out if I can "multi-add" inread of all the back and forth. Haven't figured it out yet. I do not have Gold.

• @Choicenotchance
    If you are using the web version, you can multi-select items in your diary by holding the shift key while selecting each item. When you have selected all the items you wish to copy, right-click your mouse and choose Copy Selected Items from the menu that appears. Next, go to the new date in your diary, select the gear icon at the top of the screen and select Paste from the menu.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com