Cooked spinach

Hi..When I measure 2 cups raw spinach and then add it to chronometer...it's like 1/4 of a cup after it's cooked...do I add it as 1/4 cup of spinach or do I add it as 2 cups of spinach? So far I've been adding it as 2 cups cooked raw spinach...but after cooked it's only like 1/4 cup which is way different nutrient value than 2 cups..Im confused lol help!

Comments

• @avbred It would be more accurate to add in 1/4 cup cooked spinach, since that is the way you ate it. There may be some nutrient losses depending on your cooking method so the cooked spinach would match more closely with what you ate.

To get a better picture of your nutrient intake, you may want to consider weighing your food rather than measuring with cups. One person may pack down all the spinach tightly in a cup, while others loosely put the leaves in the cup, which introduces a lot of variability in the amount of nutrients in "1 cup" of leafy greens. Knowing the weight of your portions allows you to be much more accurate with your food diary - if you happen to have a kitchen scale handy, that is.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer