Accidentally deleted

I just deleted rather than retired a recipe. How do I restore it?

Answers

• Hello @Burnedbutter ,

Unfortunately, we have no way of retrieving a deleted recipes, as it deletes it from your diary entries as well.

Regards,
    Marie-Eve

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Disappointing, but thanks

• edited January 13

I just accidently "deleted" a recipe rather than "retiring" it. And this deletes it from my past diary entries, which means any of my daily records are now potentially wrong, since I don't know which days had the deleted recipe, which kinda invalidates my entire history. This is a bit upsetting given the time and effort I put into this. I think it's poor design to have a simple user mistake carry wide-ranging irreversible consequences.

• One possibility would be to regularly export your data.

I feel like Cronometer already did what they could to help prevent accidents.

• Thank you that suggestion, Seir! I didn't know about that capability (excellent feature Cronometer!) and I'll do that going forward on a regular basis.

Regarding what more Cronometer could do, look at services from Google/Microsoft/Apple as an example. Google Docs has an undo option on everything. It also automatically records past versions of your work. On Apple photos, I accidently deleted a photo, and that photo was automatically still available for a short period of time in the "Recently Deleted" folder.