Newb question

How are people handling days when you dont/cant log everything accurately?

My feeling is that if its not as accurate as possible, it should not go in. For example, I was at a wedding over the weekend and didnt track my food (and alcohol :smile: intake for two days). Rather than "guestimating" those two days I think it would be most accurate to just remove them from the log. Do most people just leave them blank and marked as incomplete and then use only complete days for trends? Do you just put some "best guess" as to what you ate and the number of calories? Just wondering what folks do.

Thanks,

JAM

Comments

• edited October 2018

i personally just guess when i don't have a scale....a guess is better than shot in the dark. your avg will be highly affected by a 0 calorie day, i'd go with a guess over that.... and remember usually people guess low.

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• Yes, that makes sense. I was wondering if I could just "skip" them by leaving them marked as "incomplete" and only using completed days in my trends/averages. Maybe this does not work?

• once when i was traveling a made a custom food for 2600 cals to fill in the days?

but that was for just a week, and for this cal counting to work it kinda needs religious devotion.

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• @jamorgan3777

That's exactly how it works! When you chart your completed days, you will not see any data from days that you did not mark complete. This helps me get a more accurate picture of my nutrient intake on the days I was confident that I tracked everything, while taking out the days that I didn't enter any data, or missed some things.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• so the website only avg's completed days?

• Hi Bracconiere,

For your Nutrition Report, as well as the nutrient charts in the trends tab, you have the option to view your data for 'all days', 'non-empty days' or 'completed days'

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• thank you very much!

• I always log my food eating out, even at all-you-can-eat places, except when travelling overseas. I'd log it depending on my goal. If I wanted to put on weight, I'd under-report how much I eat. If I wanted to lose weight, I'd overestimate. I'm in maintenance now. Having been preparing and weighing my food for a few years I'm getting pretty good at eyeballing. With restaurant meals I usually throw in additional entries of oil, salt and sometimes sugar because they tend to overdo those...

On holidays I don't bother! Can't spend half a day trying to find Western equivalent of local street foods. :)