Cronometer, carrots and vitamin A estimation

Cronometer's estimation (18 g) of how many grams of raw carrot you need to get the RDA of vitamin A is lower than all the other equivalent estimations (those of nutritiondata.com etc.) I've come across. This, as well as some discussions I've participated in, makes me suspect that Cronometer is wrong about this. What do you think?

Comments

• Cronometer uses lab analysed data from NCCDB for the listing of Carrots, Raw (Food #465045)
    Keep in mind, that the % values that you see listed in your diary are your nutrition targets for the day. Each target has an optional minimum and maximum value. By default, the minimum is set to the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) value for your body type, and the maximum is set to the Tolerable Upper Limit (TUL), when available, values which can be quite different than the %DV value on a label.
    The %DV that you see on nutrition labels (or perhaps on other websites) is a standardized value used for nutrition labels to help people better understand amounts on labels. In the Cronometer Calories Summary, the Nutrient Targets shows.
    Here at Cronometer we value accuracy as a high priority; if you have referenced data indicating our values are incorrect, we would love to look into the issue.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer