Recipe Import

The single biggest thing I would put on the top of my wish list would be the ability to import recipes. This could be a great pairing with the right partner!

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion @NorCalGal ! This has been requested by other users as well and is on our list to hopefully implement in the future!

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hilary,
    Thanks, but it looks like they've been suggesting it for awhile. Whether I ultimately go Gold or walk away from Cronometer entirely will likely hinge on this single deficit. Meanwhile I'll just "Keep On Trackin'"
    Dee

• Hi Dee,
    We are a small team here at Cronometer, and must prioritize feature requests based on a number of factors. Adding a recipe importer is a high priority feature, but a very large undertaking. You're right, this is a huge value-added to Cronometer, but as such it takes a lot of work. When we build a feature for Cronometer, we want to get it right, complete, and the best we can do. Thanks for your patience - this will be a pretty exciting upgrade when it is finished.

Hilary
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I'd really like some recipe import too. I suggest the "minimum viable product" approach to this until you have the time to "get it right".

Something along the lines of a text file import would be better than nothing.

Nothing is actually quite painful and probably the biggest reason people go elsewhere.

• I want to add my voice for this

• I also would love this feature. Besides Cronometer, I also use MasterCook for my recipies. My wife likes to have them on a tablet in the kitchen so she doesn't need to have a book or sheet of paper. Maybe even something like a link the the full recipe from a few of the popular programs. It would also help when we have to enter ingredients for calculating our macros. Thanks

• I would absolutely love a recipe importer!!!!

• edited November 12

Just recently switched from Carb Manager to Cronometer. I love Cronometer, but the one thing I REALLY REALLY miss is the ability to import a recipe from a URL, aka all the keto food blogs with recipes.

Thanks for your hard work, love the app!