Toggle Off Adding Exercise Calories

Cronometer automatically adds calories burned during exercise to the calories remaining for the day. It would be helpful to be able to toggle off this option, so that calories from exercise are not added back automatically. Otherwise, the user has to either manually subtract back out the calories burned from exercise or avoid using the exercise tracking feature entirely.

Comments

• Thanks for your suggestion Stace! We are working on adding this option in your energy target settings.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I'm currently avoiding tracking exercise entirely. I plan to start exercise tracking as I get closer to my weight loss/body fat % goals. I would really like to set a percentage of exercise calories to add to the budget rather than just an all or nothing toggle.

• I'm just curious, why?

• Right now I'm limiting caloric intake to 120% BMR (sedentary activity level). I don't log exercise in Cronometer so that the calorie balance shows against this target rather than my total calories burned.

What I'd really like is to be able to set the calorie budget based on three values: percent of BMR (default to based on selected activity level), percent of exercise calories (default set to 100%), fixed adjustment (default based set to based on weight timeline goal). As I get closer to my target weight / body composition, I would like to adjust my calorie budget based on exercise, but I don't want to set that to 100% until I reach my goals.

It would also be nice to have a chart for over/under calorie budget (this is what my net calories chart currently looks like because I'm not really tracking calories burned).

• Is this an option yet? I really need it. Otherwise you're going to be making me do math and that's not good.

• My solution to the math side is not logging excercise that I don't want calories added for. Would rather better options for setting the budget. Cronometer is extremely slow to roll out new features..certainly don't pay for it as vaporware; make decisions to use/pay for based only on current features.

• I would really love to see that feature implemented. I have my macro dialed in, I do not need the app to adjust anything for me. I'm not syncing the workouts for now in the app, which has exposed a bug, where when workouts are excluded, Apple Health sync does not happen, currently under troubleshooting to find a resolution.

• I would really like to see this as well

Lizzy

• Has this feature been added yet? This is the most frustrating thing! I want my clients to be able to tell me when they workout, but I don't want it to subtract the calories!