How are we all still alive?

I just started using cronometer and I can't believe all the gaps in my nutrition. To get all the vitamins and minerals you need, you really do need to eat some dark leafy greens and an orange/yellow vegetable every day, as well as a lot of other healthy foods.

But I know that most Americans are eating fast food and drinking soda -- how are they even alive??? I'm freaking out just finding out how hard it is to get enough potassium every day. I don't know how the anti-vegetable set does it.

Comments

• The "essential" nutrients aren't necessarily need to live, but deficiencies can lead to poor health. Potassium/sodium balance helps control water in cells vs. in blood stream. Lack of potassium (and excess of sodium) increases the risk of high blood pressure.

• edited August 2

It is evolutionarily necessary to live long enough to procreate and keep offspring alive long enough to procreate. There is no evidence to substantiate any interest in preserving life beyond that by Mother Nature or the current American Administration.

"Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." Michael Pollan

• edited August 3

Some of the perceived "gaps" in nutrition are merely the result of poor data quality, and not actual nutritional "gaps".

I'll admit that I have made several nutritional changes based on the information at my disposal, thanks to Cronometer.