Options

Net Carbs

I love this app. I found the link on Healthline. I've lost 2 lbs from Nov 24 about 8 days ago with out exercising by keeping net carbs per day less than 100g; my avg is 67 . My concern is that some people are keeping their net carbs below 20g. The article on Heathline has a guide that I'm using, please advise.

Comments

• Options

I kept my NC at around 20 when I first started Atkins (Induction) and since then have increased them to around 35-40. Any more and I gain :( I'm sure my age (63), my low thyroid condition, and my post-menopause status are the reasons. I was 189 pounds when I started Atkins (years ago) and have maintained at the 152-155 range since.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• Options

@Brenlee

When it comes to our diet, there is no "one-size fits all" approach. In reality, the best diet is the one you can follow (and enjoy!) for the rest of your life. As such, I would suggest setting a carb target that meets these conditions. It seems your approach has been working for you, so it might be worth continuing for a few more weeks to gather data on its sustainability.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Thanks for the feedback, I will continue on this path for a few more weeks and inform everyone of my progress. Way go Comanchesue, keep up the good work.