Having trouble consuming enough calories

I am moderately active every day. Bmi of 34.5. I am having trouble getting more than half of my targeted caloric intake. I'm trying to stay low carb. Any food recommendations? Should I decrease my activity so my target for calories go down? Trying not to turn what I do eat into stored fat. Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 16

Eggs, chicken, steak, tuna, avocado, nuts and seeds, olive oil. These are all calorie dense and low carb.

Some thoughts:

Are you vegan? Vegan and low carb would be difficult, though nuts, avocados, coconut, and olive oil are all vegan, low carb, and calorie dense.

How low carb?

How many calories are you trying to eat every day? I can’t imagine that exercising less in order to lower calorie requirements would be recommended.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• It's a misguided question IMO, but if you really want more calories without carbs, the obvious answer is fat: butter, olive oil, sunflower oil, animal fat, etc.

• Out of fear of negative comments I didn't specify that I'm also on a prescribed appetite suppressant. My apologies for any confusion. Since I've asked I've come up with a meal replacement smoothie recipe that contains 400 calories. Thank you for the replies. I think I got it figured out. 😊❤️

• @Jigglearsefupaflap

Thanks for the update! When working with individuals taking appetite suppressants, I suggest they track their hunger peaks in the day. Typically, we can usually get more food in earlier and later in the day, outside of the drug's peak activity. It can be helpful to let go of traditional meal times and just focus on easy to consume foods and beverages when appetite is very low.

Also, note that hunger = physiological need for food and appetite = drive for food. Your hunger can still be present even when appetite is low. :)

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer