New Food Logger coming to the scene: MacroFactor
Hey Cronometer team!
The StrongerByScience team is producing an app, https://www.strongerbyscience.com/macrofactor/
Their app doesn't have a free tier (which means it's unlikely I'll be shifting to it, since the free tier of Cronometer is currently incredibly awesome). However, maybe? I'm going to do the free trial, and then decide.
For me the decision is not "pay $60 or not" it's "pay $600+ or not" -- I have been using the free tier of a food logger for the better part of 12 years now (MyFitnessPal -> LoseIt! -> Cronometer).
Regardless of what I do though, there are some cool innovations that MacroFactor is bringing to the table that I would love if you considered adopting:
- Timed entries, and a food log with a timestamp (MF example: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/macrofactor-food-tracking.png -- center image, note the time-slider on the right hand side). I think this is currently a premium feature.
- Food-entry suggestions based on frequency and time -- like "we see it's 2:30pm on a Wednesday, and every Wednesday at this time we see you log 12oz of Gatorade, would you like to add that to your food log?"
- Consistency/habit-forming nudges, like the 'streak metric on https://www.strongerbyscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/macrofactor-food-tracking.png (right-hand picture), or the calendar view (center picture). Gotta keep the streak alive!
- Integration with the Nutrinix food database backend (I would understand if this necessitates a premium subscription, sigh)
- The option to include/exclude different backends
- Macro cycling (e.g. higher carbs / lower fats on training days v. rest days).
Thank you for reading! Especially since I'm just on the free tier, basically everything I enjoy is being paid for by others.