Options

How to set a custom biometric for menstrual cycle tracking?

I searched the forum and only saw this asked twice and answered once. Someone answered that she tracks her period- not necessarily her cycle- as a custom biometric using a numeric scale. I have tried this and it doesnt seem to be what I am looking for.

I am definitely interested in a way of tracking the menstrual cycle throughout the different phases. I am a NFP person and do not use birth control at all. It would be amazing to be able to track my BBT (basal body temperature) chart as well as period days and symptoms all in Cronometer so I don't have to use 2 separate apps to pull data from.

It would be useful to see what supplements may have a direct affect on ovulation/cycle patterns all in one app. For those who have been TTC (trying to conceive) and trying different nutrition methods for doing so would appreciate being able to see how taking a certain supplement(s) may reflect in the cycle patterns.

For now, is there another way I would be able to track my whole cycle as a custom biometric? Has anyone figured this out and can assist? I am surprised there is not more requests for this kind of tracking or posts about how to...

All input is appreciated 🙂

Answers

• Options

Hi PearlMarie,

Thanks for your input! I love the idea of having a comprehensive way to track fertility, menstrual cycles, as well as symptoms.

Currently, the only way to do this is to create custom biometrics for each one. You can create custom charts to plot two variables on one graph. Such as your period days vs a symptom.

There are lot of ways we could add a feature like this and I look forward to hearing what everyone needs and thoughts on what that would look like visually.

Cheers,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options
    edited October 2022

I added a custom biometric called "Menstruation" which I track on a 1-5 scale (5 = heavy) and the unit is called "flow". Not using it for birth control purposes, just so I can answer when my doctor asks me when my last period was.

• Options

Just perusing through threads. I too would love to see some way to chart menstrual cycles. Especially with regards to how they relate to biometrics and food. Ie; In my menstrual phase, I gain 5 pounds and 4 inches on my waist. In my luteal phase, I can't exercise the way I normally would for lack of energy, shortness of breath, and fear of injury due to loose joints. It would be nice to put phases of the menstrual cycle in the diary, track the 'symptoms' of phases of the menstrual cycle, and see in chart form how it affects biometrics and then how different food choices might affect those 'symptoms' and biometrics. Compiling the necessary information and finding a way to track and organize it usefully will be a monumental task.

• Options

Hi all,

We've just released our first step towards offering a full menstrual cycle tracking feature. This first iteration is leveraging cycle insights data from our Oura integration and we'll be working towards having the feature accessible to all users in the near future.

When we're ready to test, we'll reach out to get you early access as beta users and get your feedback!

More information on the available Oura and Cronometer Cycle Tracking feature can be found here:
    https://cronometer.com/blog/cycle-tracking/