I am new to cronometer and here are my goals

Hello fellow partners in health!

I want to know how to more fully use this ap. I have a particular interest in lowering my total LDL cholesterol and I have small dense particle size that has not improved these past 3 months even though I am on an elimination diet. Any ideas as to how to set the program to target getting best nutrition. I am trying to follow a cardiometobolic plan. I am going to set my fitbit to the program but not that far in at the moment. I am so thankful to have found a way to balance this cholesterol issue which I believe is hereditary. And thankful for your input!

Chantelle

Comments

• Good luck @Chan !

We are here to help, so definitely let us know if you have any questions. Here is a link to our Youtube channel since you are new to the app too. It has a ton of info on how to use the app, which might help as you get things going. Those tutorials can be found on our Cronometer University playlist. We are still adding videos, so there might be a topic or two you can't find, but that is what the forums are for ;)

We also have other content that we are adding that you might find educational depending on what goals are. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4_3R4oVBU3Ff5Jmh1iJbw

Cheers,

Spencer

Spencer D.
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Welcome to Cronometer @Chan !

I'm a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and a regular contributor in the forums and on the blog. If you ever have a nutrition question, feel free post it in one of the nutrition-related forums such as "General Nutrition" or "Ask an Expert".

Unfortunately, heart disease can be an inheritable disease. But just because you are at high risk, doesn't mean you aren't able to make dietary changes that keep your heart and blood vessels healthy and strong.

Most health experts agree that the overall dietary pattern you follow is key to improving your heart health. Two dietary patterns with strong evidence to support them are a whole-foods, plant-based diet, as well as a Mediterranean style diet.

The foods that form the foundation of both of these diets include: fruit, vegetables, whole & unprocessed grains, beans and lentils, soy products, nuts and seeds.

Best of luck on your health journey!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• small dense LDL, as you already know, is very dangerous and they have a direct relationship with triglycerides. Triglycerides are driven by carbs-especially highly processed carbs. When I changed from packaged, processed foods my triglycerides dropped from 154 to 53. I had the special lipid test (APO-B) and, as expected, the particles were light and fluffy.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• How long did it take you to see your small particle size increase?

• Hard to say I have my levels checked yearly and this was years ago. It seems like I'd started Atkins about 5-6 months before my annual testing. I do remember noting how long I'd been doing LCHF and thinking it should be okay to test at my usual time. I'd read that when you first start LCHF and are losing weight quickly that a lot of fat is in your bloodstream and I wanted to be sure that would be the case. My LDL is still borderline high but I think that is because LDL is a volume measure and my LDL is large-but before LCHF it was very high (189)

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002

• Ok Thanks.. One more question...I really want to know what LCHF stands for.

• @Chan LCHF stands for Low-Carb, High-Fat