Introductions

2»

Comments

• Hello everyone.

• Hello everyone! I have a farm in KY. I just did the free trial on Noom and was really disappointed that they didn't track nutrition, and that they were down on animal fat and red meat. Someone mentioned cronometer and this is the app I've been wanting for years. I'm so happy you all are doing this and that it's free! I have a "meat farm" - we raise on pasture/grass cows, chickens, sheep, and pigs (they get fermented non-GMO corn). I wasn't about to give up red meat to lose weight, LOL!

• Welcome @RHaeckler !

Marie-Eve
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hey, I'm a 63 yr. old fat vegan. How did that happen?! (Well, I know how I got older, but aren't vegans supposed to be all trim & fit?? So . . . planning to lose a 1/2 lb per week. I'll reach my goal weight in January 2020. Last time I lost some weight, I also lost muscle mass . . . and there wasn't that much to begin with! This time I'll be tracking protein and other nutrients

• This tool will work and eventually you’ll become very aware of what foods do for your health that you’ll not need Cronometer anymore. It took me 18 months to get to where I know what to eat for my height and weight without it. I now use it to calculate nutritional value when sharing a recipe.

• @tomndecatur

Twenty years ago, there was only one way to eat vegan. The food industry has taken advantage of people's interest in plant-based diets and unfortunately, their priority is always profits, not nutrition.

Trying to cook at home from whole foods, along with tracking, will help you reach your goals!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com

• Hello,

30 year old Ohioan. Signed up for Cronometer about a week ago. I lift and exercise regularly, but never really gave thought to nutrition. My goal is to unlearn some of my relationships with food (food as distraction) and be more mindful of what I consume.

I want to work new protein sources into my diet, particularly plant-based sources.

Weight-wise, I last measured myself at 207. I'm 5'10 and 3/4s an inch, (I just say 5'11 usually). I'm not really worried about my BMI--I've some muscle--but I am interested in seeing if I can maintain or even increase my current strength levels while losing some adipose tissue.

Finally: I'm a big fan of Barbell Medicine's body of work!

• Sounds like you’re at a good place to set and achieve your goals.

• Hello, I am a 70 year old man who is 282 lbs and 5'8'. I still work (when there is work). I own a low voltage and alarm installation business and have no plans to retire anytime soon. My doctor told me he wants me on a Ketogenic diet two weeks ago and I have been researching it since. That is how I found this program and am very impressed with it. I have been working the changes for about a week now and am very happy with the results and feel that this is something I can maintain the rest of my life..

I have a wife, 2 adult daughters and a wonderful almost 8 year old granddaughter who I want to see grow up and prosper. Thank you for this wonderful program.

• Hello. 52 Year old, recently diagnosed diabetic. Overweight. Was sicker than heck. Transitioning to WFPB way of eating with my wife. started cronometer today and am really impressed with the depth of information I now have at my disposal. Looking forward to learning from Y'all

• Welcom @Bob_Ivey7212 and @Mristine glad to have you here! If you are just getting started I would recommend having a browse of our user manual: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

In particular check out our Quick-start guides for both the website and the mobile app:
    https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021897491-Web-Quick-Start-Guide
    https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021677792-Mobile-Quick-Start-Guide

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Hi I’m a total newbie this type of thing and have got the app as I am attempting to do the Keto diet to help with my chronic health problems ME/CFS plus spinal problems too, so less inflammation will be much appreciated. I don’t need to lose any weight so hopefully will maintain where I am, I can’t afford to buy new clothes! 😆 I’ve been vegan for the past 10 years, veggie for the 20 before that, so my protein sources are often high in carbs, so I’m hoping that the app will help me stay on track and it’s great to have a social aspect and perhaps I will come across someone doing a similar style of diet whose brain I can pick if needs be 😂

• Hi, I’m a retired academic and have been struggling with my weight for years. I’ve tried every diet but haven’t maintained the weight loss. When I retired in 2015, I lost over 20 lbs without trying; went from 220 to 197; I’m 5’ 10”. I think it was because I wasn’t around so much food everyday and the mindless eating at my desk. I’m using this app because I’ve started Keto to determine if wheat has been increasing my inflammation and foggy thinking. I would also like to lose about 20 lbs to take pressure off my knees and back. I suffer from fibromyalgia, low back pain and I’m a breast cancer survivor. Have only been using the app for a week but very impressed.

• @BeachCat I hope that you do well on the Keto diet to help with your health problems. I dramatically cut out wheat before attempting Keto (only caving into being a bread monster when hormones made cravings too intense) and just by doing that I had less headaches and didn’t need to nap for hours everyday. I am still hoping for further improvements as I go on my Keto journey. I just had my first trip to a supermarket and that was HARD to resist putting things in the trolley but I did it, so I’m now 10 days in. No bad side effects as I read up about electrolytes to avoid the Keto flu, definitely got much better digestion but no other noticeable differences yet. Oh other than loosing 5lb of water weight in 48hours 😂 I’ve never peed so much in my life!

• edited November 2019

How do you like my profile photo? It's a 45rpm picture sleeve of The Beatles "I'm a Loser" - I'm a loser, too. A weight loser. New to Cronometer and following a vegan keto diet. I'm a 60- year-old post-menopausal woman and am about 14 pounds from my goal weight, after having lost 25 in three month's time. This week, I've struggled with motivation and a few cravings after I slipped and ate a big fat southern biscuit with gravy (in Atlanta with housemates that are not doing keto!). Anyway, hello!

Be here now.

• Using this for a class project, I need to be able to print out my nutrients report but cannot find where my daily log is or where I would go to print it. Help please

• edited November 2019

@Bryce11330 Gold subscribers can generate reports which can include your diary and your notes. Here are the steps:

1) Go to the website https://cronometer.com
    2) Go to the Trends tab
    3) Go to the Print Report tab
    4) Tick the Daily Diary box
    5) Select Print Report

Your report will be created in a printable format. Once the report has been created, you must click Print Report at the top of the page. Use your computer's Print settings to choose whether you would like to save it as a PDF or print a hard copy.

Learn more about the Full Report here: https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018299852

Alternatively, Non-Gold users can also export the data into .csv format (Excel) by going to the Settings tab. In the Account tab, choose Export Data under Account Data. Choose a date range, then Export Servings.

Hilary
    cronometer.com

• Hello from chilly Chicago and Happy New Year. I am 66 yr old female, working full time and definitely and emotional eater. Husband and I had great success with Keto and returning here to help discipline ourselves again. We fell way off the truck :)
    I have fibro and arthritis so getting the pounds off, inflammation down again is our goal.

• I just started using Cronometer. I was looking for a free app that would track macros and here you are. I am 66, female, retired and overweight. I have had some success with Keto prior to this so I am trying it again. The main thing that messes me up is alcohol, because I like IPA's, but Im going to quit drinking to make this work. I am not familiar with the ap yet but I'm getting there. I'm glad this forum is here. I will look to get my questions answered here.

• edited November 2020

Welcome to you

• edited November 2020

Morning all. Live in Australia, West (best) coast.
    Just (re)joined. 57, Married, 2 kids, 1 granddaughter, a greyhound name Django.
    Run a bit.
    Eat a lot! (<-- that's why I'm here!)

• edited December 2020

Hi, all.

My name is Raven. I am primarily trying to watch my overall nutrition. My weight goal is specific to my life goal (can tell you more if we follow each other). I try to track everything so I will only add and share information with higher tier users, friends and/or health care practitioners/nutritionists

That being said I am very friendly so feel free to chat and add me if you want.

To add me my email is: ravenengland5118@gmail.com (please only add if you are a Gold Tier user or you take things a little more seriously about tracking your nutrition)

p.s. I am enrolling in the Beta Test program for the Android App (w/GalaxyNote9) and I am enrolled in the research project fro GrassrootsHealth (although I lack the funds for testing kit)

Live Well,

–Alisia

• Hello. I am starting a nutritional ketosis program for type 2 diabetes on wed called my Virta. Iam happy to have found a site where not only can I log food and track macros, but it links with fitbit, my scale and keto mojo.