Options

Custom foods feature available on mobile but not desktop?

I am a user of the basic/free version.

I have a cookbook that already lists all the nutrition information for each recipe. Instead of entering all the ingredients in Cron, I would like to simply create a custom food and enter the macro and micronutrients. I'd like to title it as written in the book, then append the name of the cookbook to the title, so I can easily find the recipe again later.

I have noticed that on the app, this seems to work just fine. But it appears that in a Web browser, it doesn't. So, in the app, if I go to "foods," then "create food," I can enter the name of a serving and how many grams it is, and enter macros and micros for that food. Perfect. However, in the Web version, all I can do is enter a serving size, and there is a blank field for a barcode number. There are no fields for entering carbs, fats, proteins, etc. When I enter in a barcode number from a product, it doesn't respond at all; it does nothing.

In the documentation, I can't find any reference to this huge difference between the app and the Web. Is this difference intentional? Or is there something wrong with my Web browser?

Comments

• Options

Hi there,

That doesn't sound like the page is displaying properly - would you mind sending us a screenshot at support@cronometer.com and we can look into this for you?

To create a custom food on the website, use the Foods tab > Custom Foods and click the +Add Food button. Then you can enter in your food name and nutrition information. The screen looks like this:

There is also the full list of nutrient below to enter in even more nutrition information.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Oh, geez. Because the nutrient area appears "grayed out" and there are no obvious text fields there until you actually click on them, I didn't realize I could just click and start entering data. It should have been obvious! Thanks.

• Options
    edited February 2020

One advantage of listing/adding the ingredients is that you get a full nutrition count beyond protein, carbs, fat. I find the vitamin, amino acids, and mineral contents really helpful in tweaking my diet for health.

"I've never considered excessive sanity a virtue" Mike Uris, San Antonio Express-News, 2002