Specific Diets?

Are there users here who use Cronometer for tracking their Chronic Kidney Disease? Does Cronometer work well for you?

Comments

• @debln3

Many people find Cronometer useful as you can customize your targets for potassium, phosphorus, sodium, protein, etc. Just speak with your renal team dietitian about the targets you need based on your level of CKD.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thank you Susan. =)

• New to the forum and I have Kidney Disease. I recently got targets from my RD and Dr. and I set those as limits in Cronometer for Sodium, Phosphate, and Protein. My Potassium was not an issue. I find the app to be real helpful for tracking and planning. I'll have my breakfast and then model what I plan for lunch and dinner and adjust as the day goes along.

• Welcome! I just read that you have kidney Disease and are monitoring sodium. I just want to share that I use Tasty Salt (Bensons)...it is herbs and a delicious salt sub, in fact I like it better than salt. I tried all the other Dash type salt subs, nothing compares with the Bensons. The down side...it is pricey. I buy it in the 2lb pack (on Amazon) and usually save $10. It's like gold....for taste and for price but worth every penny. Wishing you the best of health!

• I use it for tracking carbs for my type 1 diabetes