Macronutrient Target setting

Hi, I just got the Gold version, and I have an issue with the calculated numbers.
I set the custom BMR for 2000 kcal.
Macro target to "Ketogenic Calculator".
Rigorous.
1 gr of protein per kilogram of lean body mass.
20 grams of (net carbs) non-fiber carbohydrates per day.

First: I don't know how to use the custom and visible checkboxes in the Nutrient Targets section. Should I touch them since I've already set a ketogenic diet custom plan?
Second: I also set my plan but I see 2 different calculations. on the Calories Summary section when I hoover my mouse (next to calorie burnt) it shows 75% Fat, 17% Protein, and 8 % Carbs, but on the Macronutrient Targets section, these numbers are all different. (123 % Protein, 98 % Carbs, 88% Fats.)
I'm a little bit confused.

Comments

• Hi there Tade,

If you have selected to track your macros using the Ketogenic calculator, the software will not allow you to customize your macro targets through the Nutrient Targets section using the Custom check box. If you click on it, you will see a pop-up explaining how to change them in the Macronutrient Targets section instead.

The check marks in the Visible column of the Nutrient Targets determines which nutrient targets you will see in your Diary page. Tick/un-tick each box if you would like to add or remove nutrients from your targets.

The Calories Summary section shows you the percent of energy coming from each of the macronutrients based on the foods you have eaten. For example, say 50% of your energy today came from fat.

The Macronutrient Targets shows the percent of your target you have achieved. For example, if you have eaten 19 g of carbs / 20 g target = 95% of your carb target.

I hope that makes a bit more sense, but let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi - I'm new here and Im not sure where to post this. My macros are 70% carbs, 15% fat, 15% protein. It shows the # of grams carbs Im supposed to eat daily as 413g. There's no way that is right. Is it????

• Hi Asoiferman,

Your carb target will be calculated as 70% of your energy.

413 g carbs * ~4kcal/g = 1652 kcal from carbs;
    if that is 70% of your total energy, that would put your energy target around 2360 kcal

Is that about right?

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited September 2020

The check marks in the Visible column of the Nutrient Targets determines which nutrient targets you will see in your Diary page. Tick/un-tick each box if you would like to add or remove nutrients from your targets. [