Options

Calories remaining and macronutrient target don't match

I am confused because my calories remaining in the Calories Summary does not match the kcal amount in the Macronutrient Targets. I haven't eaten anything or exercised yet as you can see. Why don't they match? Which should I follow?

Comments

• Options

Hi Carly,

The Budget in your Calories Summary is calculated as:
    Calories Burned - Calories Consumed +/- your weight goal.

If you have customized your macronutrient and energy target using Fixed Values, you can find these targets in the Macronutrient Targets section. You might prefer to use values you have calculated for yourself rather than your estimated energy balance calculated by Cronometer - and that's ok! If you would like to use your custom values, stick with the numbers shown in your Macronutrient Targets.

Best,
    Karen

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

Hi there. I'm baffled by the energy vs calories. What is energy balance and how is it calculated? How is it different than the number of calories I should be consuming? Based on other calculators, I should be consuming 1500 calories to maintain my weight, but my energy balance is 1138.

Thanks,
    Ellen

• Options

Hi Ellen,

It depends on your settings. Your energy balance could be the same as the estimated number of calories your body needs to maintain your current weight.

Though, if you have a weight goal to lose or gain weight, this will subtract or add additional calories to your budget in the Calories Summary area.You can turn this off by going to: Settings > Targets > Weight Goal. Then turn off the switch under 'Show weight goal in diary'

Finally, if you have Fixed Values to set your energy and macro targets, then this will also be different than the energy estimate used by Cronometer in the Calories Summary.

I hope that's not too overwhelming. We try to give users all the options to customize your settings and targets to get the most out of Cronometer!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer