Water Tracking

I am sure this is a big topic, with a lot of emphasis on a lot of important things. I, however, would really find it helpful to be able to track my water input in a visual way.

When I look at my diary on the cronometer homepage (web) I would like to be able to find a measurement of how much Water (all types classified as water by your system) that I have track a day. If you need to make this as a different feature and not food tracking that is acceptable to me too, because water does not have calories in it and I don't specifically need to track it the current way.

Thank you, and I'm sure this is a pretty heavy topic that comes up probably quite frequently. I thank you for reading this. I would be happy to give any input on the matter if necessary.

Comments

• Hi jenniferannelee,

Cronometer can show you your water intake in a couple of visual ways.
    In the nutrient targets section of the diary page, you can find water under the General category. As you add foods and beverages to your diary, you can see how much these are contributing to your water target by checking out the water target bar:

Hover your mouse over this target to see your top 10 sources of this nutrient for the day.

You can also add water to your list of highlighted targets:

Use the gear icon next to Suggest Foods to edit your highlighted nutrient targets.

Is this the type of tracking your are looking for, or did you have something else in mind?

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thank you so much for the reply!! I do see how to use this now and you've answered my question completely!! Thank you so much.

• I've noticed that a lot of ingredients lists don't include water content; in my case Stok coffee and bone broth both have no water content. So be sure and check your liquids to see if they've been entered correctly

• Most brand name products would include the amount of water in them, even for water and other beverages. You can edit a copy of the food to enter in an estimate of the water content, or we also recommend using the closest generic equivalent from NCCDB or USDA, when you can. That way, you'll get a more complete picture of the nutrition in these foods.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I have found that a number of beverages do not have water added. I have to edit and copy the beverages I use the most and add water to the edited copy.

• Since Samsung Health syncs with Cronometer, it would be nice if there was a separate water tracker where you could either add it in Samung Health or directly in the Cronometer app -I think maybe the visual that others were referring to (or at least it's what I see in my mind) is one just for glasses of water that you drink (the 6-8 or more a day that we are supposed to have) -like with a + or - symbol to add (or subtract if you make a mistake) or maybe even the visual where you set your goal and the water glass fills up.