Options

Anyone here following the plan Eat For Life / Dr. Joel Fuhrman / Nutritarian Diet?

Hello fellow cronometer peeps! Checking to see if others are following EFL? I've been following it for 3 weeks and am down 8.3 pounds. I've been fully plant based since 2017 but honestly ate stuff that just didn't move the scale - too processed.

Comments

• Options

I am following a mix of Joel Fuhrman's and Dr. Greger's diet an chosing the best of both worlds - fully plant based and trying to up my nutrient density as much as possible. I noticed a clear benefit after evolving from a fully plant based diet to focusing more on the foods with high nutrient density like greens, beans and fruits and reducing grains, oils and salt as much as possible - worked best for me regarding losing weight and increasing fitness.

• Options

Hi, I've been a junk food herbivore for 3 years. I just quit alcohol and now it is time to get my nutrition in hand. I have Dr. Gregor's books, seen most movies about eating for health but haven't applied it. Today is the day. I want to end 2020 on a good note. Giving Dr. Fuhrman's plan a solid two months to see if it is a realistic daily plan for me.

• Options

@Gina_Cassandrea

A key component to changing your diet is to pay attention to all the factors that may sabotage your efforts. Typically, these factors can be a lack of time, feelings of deprivation, social situations, or being ill/injured/going on vacation.

Try to approach each saboteur as an opportunity to develop a strategy to managing that barrier.

For example, if you notice that you tend to go out to eat after returning from vacation, doing some bulk cooking before you leave on a trip can be useful so there are ready-to-eat healthy meals available.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer