Just want to introduce myself. I am Wanda from North Carolina. Just switched to chronometer because a group I am in on Facebook is using it. There is always a learning curve. Hope to learn more.

Comments

• Hello, I am Tony and i love nutrition and computing. If you are a vegan or want to know about veganism, please say hi. :)

• Greetings, Cronometer was recommended by a Facebook group that I am a member. I have been using another app, and looking forward to using Cronometer. I am hoping to learn from others about veganism, nutrition, fitness and much more.

• This is my second attempt to lose 15 pounds with cronometer and this time I am really determined! I am also doing a "dry" January, so wish me luck! I am on day 5 of my journey!

• I don't need to lose weight, but i do need to keep an eye on nutrition.

• I don’t understand how to read the “consumed” data. It lists a number for protein, carbs, and fat and then %. It lists 133 / 17% for protein, 387 for carbs, and 244 for fat. What do these numbers mean? Thank you

• @Soybeansaregreat

The calories consumed shown here show you how many calories come from each of the macronutrients. In this example, I have 52.1 kcal from protein so far.

The percentage shows the relative amount of energy I have gotten from protein. I have had 193.8 kcal total so far today.

52.1 kcal protein/ 193.8 kcal total * 100% = 27%

So 27% of my calories have come from protein.

I hope that is more clear! Let me know if you have any questions.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• my Doctor was suggesting that my daily diet consist of 160 - 200 carbohydrates. How do I track the amount of carbohydrates I eat in a day? I’m new at this so thanks for your understanding.

• is this saying naan has 15.1 G protein and 72.8 g carb? Thank you

• @Soybeansaregreat

In your diary, you can see the amount of "carbs" you've consumed by clicking on it. You can also set a custom target to reflect what your MD has suggested.

The information you shared in your last post shows that your naan bread is providing 15.1 grams of protein. You're seeing "net carbs", which is essentially total grams of carbs less fibre. Net carbs can be valuable to track (instead of total carbs) since fibre is beneficial to the body and adds fewer calories than other types of carbs.

You can read more about net carbs here:
    https://cronometer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018576952-Tracking-Carbohydrates

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com

• When adding supplements like Vitamins the values on the charts go through the roof. Can this be adjusted? Taking 2000 mg of Vitamin C is not equal to 2000% of my daily requirement....... Same goes for the other supplements too. I feel that the % value may have been entered incorrectly with possibly decimal points not entered or entered in the wrong place. This is important as total nutrients taken in should reflect actual % of RDA's. Thank you for looking into this.

• @BrigittaKatharina would you mind sending us a screenshot to support@cronometer.com so we can look into this for you? It would be a great help to see how your targets are set and what supplements you are adding.

Thanks!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Hi Karen
    Thank you for getting back to me. Here are two screen shots from March 3rd showing the actual supplements I took and the resulting totals.

• Thanks for the screenshot!

Natural Factors, B Complete 100 mg has very high levels of the B-group of vitamins at least 100 mg each for 1 tablet. This is indeed MUCH higher than the average recommended intake. For example, your B1 (thiamin) target is about 1.1 mg, whereas 2 tablets has 200 mg.

200 mg / 1.1 mg x 100% is over 18000 % of your target.

Your vitamin C target is about 75 mg /day. Taking 2096.5 mg in your supplements works out to 2795% of your target.

These are using the default targets in Cronometer - we use the Dietary Reference Intakes for your sex, age and life stage. BUT we know these don't work for everyone. You can customize all your targets to calculate these percentages based on your values instead.

Click on a target to use custom values instead of the DRIs.

Let me know if there are any issues with the values listed in the foods, or setting up your nutrient targets.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com