Options

What is your favourite Cronometer Feature?

And why is it your favourite? Do you use it in a way others might not have thought of? How does it help you stick to your diet, or make logging food easier?

I'll tell you mine, if you'll tell me yours!

My favourite niche feature is the "Explode recipe" feature - I turn almost everything into a "Recipe", so that I can add multiple items at one time, my tea is a recipe (tea + milk), my snacks are recipes, my meals are recipes, my recipes are recipes, and I have recipes within recipes. I love the organization having recipes adds to my diary, and how easy it is to edit my diary using the "explode" feature

Share your favourite below so that other users can learn about features they might not have discovered yet, or different ways of using features you might not have thought of!

Hilary
cronometer.com
As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

Comments

• Options

I’m new but I have my fitbit hooked up so my available calories increase based on how much I walk. My walking or steps taken are way up so Zi can eat more yet maintain my calorie deficit.

• Options

My favorite feature is the deep integration w/the QUALITY food databases. It's amazing to me that I can tell you exactly how much Vitamin K I consumed on 1/17/2018 and... what foods it came from. That's awesome. Of course, you need to stick w/whole foods for this to work but you should be doing that anyway.

And I totally agree about recipes and it's not you really start using them for organization that you realize how powerful they are. I would also add this -- they work in reverse too. Have you been the same things to your diary over and over again. Stop! Shift-click on all of those items and then right-click and select Create Recipe From Selected Items. Voila, now you can just add this recipe to your diary tomorrow and Explode it if you want the individual items.

• Options

The nutrition reports are incredibly valuable to me as an RD. I'll quickly check calories, fibire, protein, salt, and overall completeness of vitamins and minerals. This takes a few minutes and tells me so much about a person's diet quality.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com

• Options

Explode was my favorite too but it doesn’t seem to be an option on iOS any more 😡

• Options

Hi,

1. Fitbit integration is huge for me
    2. accurate databases are huge
    3. recipes are big time server
    4. the top 3 circles are fantastic
    5. the nutrition breakdowns are extremely helpful. Sodium, saturated fats, protein, vitamins and minerals with bar charts. All fabulous
    6. i love how it increases calories based on my exercise
    7. the forum
  • Options

All the integrations. I do wish there was a CSV export by date range so that I s could compare my nutrition data to my diary and habit tracker spreadsheet. Even if it was only the nutrition data... Like on days I ate xyz, was it easier for me to hold onto a 14 hour fast? Did the cheat meal I had on one sunday vs another make it easier or harder to stay on track overall?

• Options

Hi happy1!

You can export your nutrition data for any date range from our website. Log into your account and head to: Settings > Account > Account Data.

Click the orange Export Data button to select a time range, then export Daily Nutrition to get a nutrition summary for each day in csv format.

Export Servings will give you the full breakdown of all the foods logged to your diary each day if you're looking for that extra level of detail.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Options

The detailed nutrients plus the recipe feature. I'm not currently vegan, but I was a few years ago, and I came up with a gluten free, vegan nut and fruit bar which met all of my nutritional needs for the day. Unfortunately, unless I was actually hiking the Appalachian trail, it was way too many calories for me! But it was really tasty. One of these days I'm going to buy a freeze dryer and see if I can sell the darn things!

• Options

My favorite feature is the deep integration w/the QUALITY food databases

Yes!

export your nutrition data for any date range

Yes yes yes!

Being able to log food in advance.

The bar code scanner.

Being able to input a custom kcal target & macro targets, and having Cronometer say "hey, those macros don't match that kcal target" if they're not mathematically close (I just think that's awesome attention to detail).