Should I up my intake if I still want to lose fat % but also exercise or not?

Hey all should I stop exercising as I notice I haven't lost weight or visible fat % and exercising is making me hungrier.

I keep at 1.3kcal usually but I've been binging up to 2.3kcal recently

At 1.3kcal according to cronometsr is what J need to lose weight for my height weight age gender activity level etc

However I've noticed since I ran I haven't really lost much weight due to the over eating.

Should I stop exercising for now? :(

And focus on continuing to lose weight until I'm in the healthier side of the healthy BMI? At the moment I'm at 22.1 for Asian BMI I'm still at the verge of obesity as it's 24 BMI for Asians and J certainly face wise still look it lol

Or is it possible for me to magically still run and stay at 1.3kcal without overeating? Will drinking loads of protein powder and water help lol? I usually mix in the protein powder with my smoothie bowls

Best Answer

• Answer ✓

Hey all nevermind, I got it. Upped my fibre content and it's all good now. I lacked fibre I guess even though it was usually 100% I upped it to 150%+

Answers

• Cy

Fibre is one of the most important nutrients when it comes to weight loss. Not only does it reduce the number of calories in a food (since it's not digestible), it keeps us full for a very long time.

Glad you were able to figure this out!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Lose weight in kitchen, get fit in gym. Two separate operations.

• Hey all should I stop exercising as I notice I haven't lost weight or visible fat % and exercising is making me hungrier.

Yes

And focus on continuing to lose weight until I'm in the healthier side of the healthy BMI?

BMI is not a good metric to track. At 6'3" 220lbs I'm on the verge of obesity according to BMI.

At 1.3kcal according to cronometsr is what J need to lose weight for my height weight age gender activity level etc

The targets given by Cronometer (or other calculators) are great starting points. Understand that they come from studies on populations, and are averages. You specifically, however, are an individual. You must account for your individuality by looking at your own individualized data.

The way to do this is to log your intake & track your body measurements for several (4-5) weeks. Then look back and analyze what has happened. Look past your first week of weight loss (which will probably be dramatic, 2-5lbs), and focus on the others. If you are losing weight at a rate you like (0.75% of your bodyweight is a good target), then your kcals are appropriate. If you're losing too much (more than 1% of your bodyweight per week) then you will feel initially motivated, but as time goes on you will struggle to adhere (the constant hunger will plague you). If you're not losing fast enough you will lose motivation ("ugh, this isn't working / this will never end...").

It's important to look only at your weekly average weight, not your weight on any given day. Our bodies can easily fluctuate by several lbs over the course of the day, and between days. When you're looking to drop 1lb/week, this can be very distracting.

Or is it possible for me to magically still run and stay at 1.3kcal without overeating?

I don't want to say "no" outright because you might be an outlier -- but most people will become exhausted and find it too hard to adhere for longer than a week or 3.

Will drinking loads of protein powder and water help lol?

"help" how? Drinking water is usually a good thing, but as with anything you can overdo it (I had a student drink a 5 gallon water jug in 24 hours as a peer challenge; his fingers were squishy like hot dogs by the end and he was peeing every few minutes. This is not a good idea). The protein powder needs to be treated for what it is: calories that are mainly protein. If you're not getting sufficient protein in your diet, then getting more will help.