"Mastering Diabetes" using the Chronometer

I found Chronometer through a recommendation in the the book __Mastering Diabetes_. I'd like to hear from others who are attempting to follow the advice given by this book. I'm just beginning to follow the dietary guidelines.

Comments

• Hi I have been following a low fat plant based diet for about 1 year now and just recently bought Cyrus and Robby's Mastering Diabetes book myself :smile: Nice to meet another person following a diet that isn't the norm! BTW I just started using Cronometer from the book too.

• I'm curious if the book mentions or suggests a Keto diet?

• No ...it does not. Many people are overcoming diabetes 11 following this protocol.

• Want to learn all about handling diabetes? Watch Dr. Jason Fung, MD on Youtube. You'll learn a lot.

• I followed Dr. Fung and did the Keto and after about a month I started intermittent fasting.

Within two months, my Doctor was able to take me off of the Metformin that I was on for me diabetes, and he was also able to take me off the Statin that I was on for my high cholesterol. My doctor said, "What ever your doing...KEEP DOING IT!!! "

I am an avid bike rider and hiker, and I have switched my body over to fat burning, and I am not only riding faster, but my endurance level is through the roof!

Go to www.dietdoctor.com, sign up for the 30 day free trial, and then watch the movies "cereal Killer", and "Run on Fat"!

• Monitor your kidneys. Congrats.

• I switched to fish-vegan. Why? With cronometer I can monitor my eating. 500 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch and snack. An artichoke for dinner. Problem with keto? Going bald.

• Lunch= lentils with water PLUS one tablespoon of: smoked paprika, garam marsala from Northern India, taco seasoning, and cumin. A sprinkle of soy crumbles. If bland, Szechuan pepper.
    I’m saving up fish for dinner. Will make boiled radish “potato” salad. Goodbye fat.

• @jefmcg

Low-carb wouldn't be an issue for kidney health but copious amounts of protein could be. Traditional keto diets are also low-moderate in protein, so this shouldn't be an issue.

There's a greater concern in individuals with predisposed health conditions such as diabetes (where someone may have mild renal disease and not realize it) and amongst more vulnerable populations (elderly and young children).

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• I’m diabetic 2 and have mild kidney disease. Cronometer lets me track proteins and everything else. After diner I check my nutritional deficiencies. C, D, E and K and sometimes B-12. I’m old with poor absorption. So I take B-12 almost every day to avoid stabbing pains in my big toe. Blood tests show that I have hardly any B-12. Difficult to walk.

• @SuzanneLowrie

If your blood level of B12 isn't coming up with supplements, I'd suggest speaking with your MD about injections (so you bypass digestion). As we age, it's more challenging for our bodies to digest and absorb this nutrient.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• B12 levels are way up. Supplements work for me still. Makes me confident that D levels are OK too.