Are These Calories Burned Correct

I use my Total Gym for exercise.

The routine I use is the beginners workout that includes upper and lower body. This routine lasts 39 minutes beginning with a cardio warmup and ending with stretching cool down.

I log the exercise and it states that 74kcal are burned. I sort of disagree but if that's accurate, it is what it is.

Could I get some input on a more accurate way to log my workout routine that would reflect the actual kcal burned?

Comments

• Have you considered a heart rate monitor or activity band/watch?

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• I have thought about it, but waiting to see what's available as I've got my eye on the new Pixel 6. I desperately need to upgrade my phone and know some new wearables will be coming out around that time.

In the meantime, there has to be a way to at least get ballpark stats on my workout.

• How are you logging the exercise? Which exercise are you selecting?

• I clicked on "Add Exercise" then typed in "Total Gym" it was listed and lists the 75kcal burned.

I see the selections under "Add Exercise"> "Add All" but am unsure how to set up that way.

• edited July 2021

Well, if there’s a total gym exercise and you’ve entered total time, it’s probably as close as you’ll get without external measurements.

• @A_Keto_Newbie

The estimated energy expenditure sounds on the low end.... The most accurate way to estimate energy expenditure is to wear a device that is able to monitor heart rate and other vitals while you are engaging in the sport/activity.

If you're manually entering activity from a database, there will always be a greater margin of error.

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer