Why won't Samsung health sync exercise data with cronometer?

Hello cronometer team,

I recently started using your app and linked it with my Samsung health. I put my activity level to none and both apps are linked to sync with each other. However, I am not getting my steps or kcals burned updated on the daily tracker. 

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you!

Answers

• Hi Howard,

Can you please check that Cronometer is linked with your Samsung Health account? Open your Samsung Health app and access the menu. Here, choose the settings menu from the top right corner.

Under Data, select Data permissions from the list of settings.

This will open a list of your apps that are currently synced with Samsung Health - is Cronometer shown there?

If it is not, please log into your Cronometer account, disconnect Samsung Health, then reconnect the two accounts to get link the connection.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• What if Cronometer is shown under data permissions in the Samsung Health app but still doesn't sync the calories burned with Crono?

• Hi GregH,

In that case, I would recommend resetting the connection by disconnecting Samsung Health from the Settings tab in Cronometer. Then reconnecting and refreshing the app.

Let me know what data isn't being imported from Samsung Health into Cronometer.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hi there, I 'just' noticed that my Cronometer is not recording from Samsung Health. I seen that I was not connected to Samsung Health then I tried to connect it again, and it showed this image.

I do have a Huawei and the Cronometer app(APKPure) is probably a different version than the Google Play version. My version is 3.9.1.

• I'm having the same problem. It suddenly stopped syncing. SH is no longer connected at all(in crono) , not listed in data permissions in the SH app. I cleared cache of crono, then u installed and reinstalled crono... It still doesn't list SH as connected and when I click to connect it in cronometer, it does nothing, just sit on the same screen.

• I've noticed a couple of issues with syncing SH data:
    1. It only syncs via the app. I.e. if you don't refresh frequently via the app then you won't see the SH activities in crono web.
    2. This morning I noticed that my SH syncing had been dropped. I was able to set it up again. No idea why it got dropped nor how frequent this problem will be (I'm new to crono).

• I checked again, and it looks like I can connect now. Wonder if there is a setting on Cronometer that notifies me when the connection drops. :)

• Connection seems to be intermittent. Time to get a FITBIT again, I think. :p

• I noticed today that my connection hasn't worked for 3 days now.

• edited August 2021

Try again peeps, my cronometer app let me reconnect to SH again earlier today. Hope it lasts.

• so far so good

• It dropped again a day or two ago, I was able to reconnect today on the first try. Anyone know why it regularly disconnects?

• I did have to update the Samsung Health, Galaxy Active2 Plugin and Galaxy Wearable apps yesterday. Checked a few minutes ago since I reconnected Cronometer and Samsung Health, and they are still linked. Hopefully it stays that way. :) There is a new announcement of the partnership between the new Galaxy Watch 4 and Cronometer, so maybe they are working out some things.