Understanding Keto %'s

I put in 75/20/5 % - which for my 1500 calorie allowance comes up to Fats=133, Proteins=75, Carbs=18. I do understand that a more active day will change my numbers if I eat more. But...for instance, today i have eaten 1489 calories and the bars on Cronometer say this: Calories=1489/ 1966 (max) Fats 117.9 (72%) / Max163.7, Protein=77.6 (79%) / Max 98.5 , Carbs 23.4 (95%) / Max 24.6. Are the %'s due to the activity level for the day and an increased recommendation on all the macro numbers and calories?

I do have my fitbit connected and I do have a calorie deficit of 477 over my goal of 748.

Side question: If i continue to have more than a 1000k a day deficit... am I in danger of slowing my metabolism down?

Comments

• Hi ChiQid,

The percentages for each macro target is the percent of your target you have achieved:

Fats 117.9/163.7 = 72%
    Protein=77.6/98.5 = 79%
    Carbs 23.4/24.6 = 95%

We use the ratio you entered in your macro target settings to calculate each of your macro targets. In other words, the relative amount of energy coming from each of fats, protein and carbs.

Does that answer your first question? :)

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• So, the %'s are for the max counts and that max counts come from the level of activity you have expended for the day so far?

• You got it!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• What about my 2nd question? If I have over 1000 a day deficit in calories.. am I in jeopardy of slowing my metabolism down?

• edited August 2021

1000 calorie deficit is a pound loss per week. Assuming the deficit is from TDEE, that is reasonable and sustainable. Just be aware that the closer you are to your body’s natural weight, the slower should be your loss, so you’ll want to ease into your ideal weight with lower deficits.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• Sorry, that was a typo. 1000 calories is 2 pounds per week. It’s reasonable if you have a lot of weight to lose. But as I wrote, you will want to lower the deficit - lose slower - as you get closer to your ideal weight.

• Thanks. I knew about the 1000 is 2lbs a week....my deficit last week was around 13-1500 each day.. I don't want to over do my deficit and I am logging and weighing all my foods to make sure I get enough. My level of activity has increased and so has my calorie intake....up to the point where i am not hungy. I was just curious about going over that 1000 deficit too much.

• edited August 2021

Over 1000 isn’t generally ideal unless you’re consulting with a nutritionist or physician. It’s also not sustainable, from my experience. How much lower than your BMR are you eating? You should strive for at least that.

Also, are you sure that you really are at that deficit? What does the scale show? Ultimately, it’s the facts on the ground that determine deficit, not databases and formulas.

If you’re not hungry, then keep at it consistently for 4-6 weeks, weigh every day, take weekly weight averages, and compare those weekly averages.

Your scale is ultimately your single source of truth for your deficit.