Search Ability in Diary Entries or Notes Entries

Because I'm on a journey toward wellness due to some health conditions, Crohn's Disease being one of them, it would be a wonderful tool for me (and I'm sure others) if I could search my diary entries or my notes entries to see if there are any noticeable trends. For example, I'll note if I wake in pain at night, experience pain during the day, or break out in a rash. If I could search for "pain," "wake," "rash," etc. and a list comes up, I can see if it's it's connected to food or some activity or something else - helping me connect the physical body to what I put in it as well as how I move or not move it. Forgive me if there is some way to already do this. I did search for this capability, but didn't find any information on it.

Comments

• Hi Crono_C,

We developed the timestamping feature with this goal in mind.

If you are tracking your food intake and your symptoms, you can view your symptoms in the charts found in the trends tab.

To create custom biometrics, click Add Biometric in the diary page. Then select the green + icon on the left to enter in a name and unit of measurement for your biometric. By tracking your symptoms as biometrics, you can then view them in a chart in the trends tab. This can help you quickly see when you experience these symptoms over time. View your diary on these days to look for patterns in what you ate around the time your symptoms started.

We will continue to improve this feature to include the ability to chart more than one item on a graph at a time, to help you identify these patterns more quickly and easily - that is still in the works!

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thank you Karen. I will give it a try. :smiley:

• Is there a way to do this on the mobile app? I'm not seeing it.

• Hi Seesaw,

At the moment, you can only create custom biometrics on the website - something we are working on for the mobile app in the future.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• You can now create custom biometrics from the Android app as well, but you can't delete them from the app.

• I, too, support being able to search any and all entries of my diary. I add notes regarding glucose levels and sleep, as well recording the last time I changed my contacts out, etc. I’d like to make additional use of notes entries to track my total health in more detail, but without the means to search it, it’s pointless. I have paid for annual subscriptions for nearly 4 years now, and the fact that the developers of this app have ignored the search feature request 100s of times over since 2017 speaks VOLUMES about how much you care about meeting the most basic needs of your subscribers. I, for one, will not be renewing my subscription when the time comes unless this issue has been resolved.

• I agree with DianaH. Without being able to search diary entries it makes those entries worthless. Come on programmers; do your job.

• edited August 2021

Come on programmers; do your job.

Their job is to push obscure features like the latest "Get to know yourself" or whatever it's called (I closed the popup as soon as I saw it; I need a FOOD TRACKING APP, not some bloatware-filled MyFitnessPal clone).

• Hey, devs and the entire Cronometer team, great app. Far superior to anything else out there. Keep up the good work.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

• Hi there,

I'd love to hear more about what you envision when you search for diary entries. In a pinch you can export notes in the Account Settings tab to search through them there, but it sounds like you'd like them searchable from within the software to return a list and jump to any date in your diary where it's logged to get more context about your day? Let me know if you have any ideas that I can discuss with the team.

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Karen--that's exactly what I want - to be able to put a keyword or phrase into a search bar and have it return a result like you suggested to get more context, i.e., be able to look at the days or weeks surrounding a certain entry to discover what was working and what wasn't. I am on certain medications that can affect weight loss and glucose levels, so being able to search a certain medication either in the diary itself and/or in a note would be ideal, especially in terms of being able to take that information to doctor's appointments, etc. Thanks for reaching out and asking!

• Karen- and thank you for the tip about being able to export notes! :)

• What's the point of entering notes if you can't use them later? I would like to be able to go back and find when I began a supplement or medication. Right now I enter a note "began taking xxxx" , but this seems pointless as there is not way to find it later.