Gluten avoidance

How can I use Cronometer to manage a gluten free diet

Answers

• @Larry

Cronomter doesn't show the gluten content of food since gluten isn't a nutrient. However, you can use the database to ensure your gluten-free diet is meeting all essential nutrients. Additionally, you could use the tool as a meal planning tool to develop various recipes and meal ideas.

Kind regards,

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• edited March 2023

Cronometer is a great tool to help you manage a gluten-free diet. First, select "Gluten-Free" as one of your diet options in your profile settings. You can then track your daily food intake and add custom foods or recipes you prepare at home. Cronometer also has a feature where you can scan barcodes of packaged foods to add them to your diary quickly, and it will automatically detect if the product contains gluten. However, I suggest eating foods reducing this component, like organic beetroot powder. I hope it helps, and good luck!

• Using Cronometer for a gluten-free diet is pretty easy. Just input your meals, focus on gluten-free options, and use the diary to track your progress.

• Hey there! Managing a gluten-free diet can be a bit tricky, but Chronometer can definitely help. First things first, you'll want to make sure you've set up your profile with your dietary preferences, including "gluten-free." This way, it'll filter out any gluten-containing foods from your tracking. Next, add your meals and snacks like you normally would. Cronometer's database is pretty extensive, so you should be able to find most items.

• If something's not there, you can always input custom foods. I recommend trying powder coconut milk. It's a good alternative to cow's milk.