Options

Foods/My Recipes/Edit Recipe/ X (Delete) Problem

edited September 2021 in Bug Reports

I was able to tap X to delete foods from one recipe but after saving the changes for that recipe and opening a different recipe tapping X no longer deleted the food unless I closed then reopened Cronometer.

Comments

• Options

Hi Deno,

Are you using Cronometer on the website or the mobile app? Does this happen each time you edit recipes?

Thanks!

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

I am using the mobile app.

I just finished experimenting with some recipes and discovered that this happens each time I edit recipes and the basic issue is this. I don’t always get the same response when I tap the X to delete a food from a recipe. Sometimes the food is deleted and sometimes the edit window for that food opens depending on my previous action.

I suppose the problem is basically with me not understanding how to navigate to the mode I need (delete or edit). One button, two options.

Maybe tapping the food entry should open the edit window and the edit window would include a delete button.

• Options

By design, when you tap the food, the item opens to make edits, while tapping the X will delete the item.

It sounds like maybe the X button is not quite big enough to hit it every time. Sometimes ​you're able to tap the X to delete and other times the food is selected instead, does that sound right?

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Options

👍🏼Thanks You nailed it! That is the problem.

I'm surprised by how precise the tap must be. Nevertheless I can work with it now that I know how it is supposed to work.