Vegan Friends

I am looking to friend some vegan women cronometer individuals in the hopes of swapping healthy vegan recipes. I just joined and don't know anyone else on cronometer let alone that they are also vegan. Is there anyone who is vegan who would like to share their recipes as I am trying to balance my nutrients and stay within 1400 calories.

Comments

• Some of my fave vegetarian and vegan foods are India/Punjabi curries, I buy ready meals in a boxed pouch (from India and all natural). Dal Tadka, Dal Makhani, Channa Masala try a few then look up recipes on youtube or pages

The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self. - Charles Atlas.

• edited October 2021

Hello. You could go ahead and shoot me an add. I've been vegan for 5yrs and was pescatarian for 4yrs prior. I have moved here from MyFitnessPal to better track my micros.

I am currently eating at maintance calories though. I might go back to a deficit once I get doctor approval.

• Hi VeeJay,

What type of vegan options are you looking for on Cronometer? Might be something we could do! :)

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• The iron has different calculations for meat eaters and it says that vegans absorb 10%.I don't know if other calculations are for meat eaters.

The app could give us only vegan options for recipes.

Mastering Diabetes recommends your APP. You could have a selection for people doing their diet.

• Thanks for your feedback :)

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com

• Hi plant strong friends. I just got this in Costco Ottawa and believe it contains no whay or milk products...I am a bit confused because online the manufacturer says it contains milk on its online label. Hmmmm. I mostly eat steel cut oats for breakfast but thought this would be good for the odd post run meal. But I am skeptical with the conflicting labels. I will call POST cereal and ask about the conflicting info and report back.

• I confirmed with Post cereal that the current label is correct and the online is not. They have removed all milk from the cereal.

• @Wildlife

I'm in Ottawa too so this is great to know!

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com

• Love the recipes on the Veganuary site even more now that I treated myself to a Gold membership on chronometer this January! The recipe import feature is the best!

Wishing you all a healthy fit and fun year ahead. Holidays are officially over for me tomorrow and the house is clean and free of all Christmas treats. Looking forward to the year ahead.

• Hi, gcassano. I am WFPB 80! year old woman who has been vegan for maybe 5-6 years now. I am also trying to keep my calories around 1400-1500 and I have TONS of recipes off the Internet, more than I will ever get around to using. I have several that are my favorite: I especially like SIMPLE, EASY, QUICK AND FAST recipes. I would be happy to share but I don't know if there is a way to send you my email address privately and I am reluctant to post publicly. What to do? Regards, Mary

• Karen Cronometer - I used the Oracle function to look for foods with protein. ALL of the recommendations were animal-based except for soy protein isolate. Is there a plant-based setting to exclude all those inappropriate foods?

• @andi If you have access to a desktop computer, you can filter out vegetarian and vegan dishes in the Oracle.

It's unfortunate that this isn't the same on mobile. On mobile, you can choose the nutrient you need the Oracle to find for you (e.g. iron, protein, omega-3, etc.), but not the dish type (e.g. animal vs. plant based).

• Thanks. Yes, that's very unfortunate that I will be forced to use the desktop version to make Gold at all useful to me.

• Nevermind, I found it in the app. Click the "+" at the bottom, click the "Suggest Foods" icon, click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner, and select the "Vegan only" checkbox.

• Well, that doesn't search by single nutrient but it's useful to make up for what I'm missing in the day. Or I can click the "Foods" icon, click "Ask the Oracle," select the nutrient, turn off "search all categories," select the WF PB categories (fruits, nuts, legumes, vegetables, spices and herbs, but not cereal grains and pastas as there will be too many wheat selections and I'm very allergic), and then click "search." Somebody posted that there will still be non-vegan selections given (maybe recipes with butter?) but those should be modifiable to remove the non-vegan items without much trouble. For some reason it keeps giving me channa sag with spinach which I can modify to chickpeas and leafy greens.