Bariatric Surgery

I am having Bariatric Surgery on Monday the 17 of April (2023). I have been on the required liquid diet for a week with another 4 weeks to go. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 11lbs. I am working with the doctors dietician and will be for at least the next year. I know that I will be needing to continue with water and other fluids for a long time and that is a good thing.
I am wanting to know the best way to use Chronometer for the duration of this journey. All help will be greatly appreciated. Bob

Not sure what tags to use for this topic.

Comments

• Hope your surgery went well! Just use cronometer the way you always do. Of course in the beginning you'll far exceed your intake goals but that's ok! I just entered my weight and set my weight loss goal at 2 lbs a week. I exceeded that but logging your food and fluids and monitoring your protein intake is most important. There's also an app that may be more helpful called baritastic.

• Bob...you are well on your way to recovery. Knowing how fast you want to lose your weight will determine your calorie deficit. My goal is for 2 pounds a week, I'm happy with that but find that I'm actually exceeding my goals. Watch your macros and micros. I eat fresh plant foods which allows me to eat more volume so I don't get hungry. I'm wishing you the best of health!