Starting fitbit without affecting past data

I just got a fitbit yesterday and linked it fine. I changed my activity level to none and it auto added activity.. about what I estimated through Cronometer so i was pleased. BUT then i looked at prior days and realize it set my activity level as none for all of them so all show i need to burn about 400 more calories... so it messed up all my prior days and thus all my data...i work hard to be within double and usually single digits of my goal so this is disappointing. I did figured out I can set back to sedentary and it fixed everything back... but then can't use fitbit sync data like I want...btw this also affects days I marked as complete which should freeze them I would think but apparently not... can anyone help?... my only thought was to manually add the teal portion on the bar representing sedentary activity amount to prior days. Then set in back to none moving forward which should fix it for prior days by adding back what the "none" setting is taking away...and the fitbit will apply for all days going forward because it will be set to "none" for activity....but before I did 2 1/2 month's worth of days I thought I'd ask if I'm missing something. Thanks

Comments

• @Karen_Cronometer or @Hilary - any idea if there is a way to fix this?

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Hello @kahbakerjd

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a way to make changes to your profile settings without changing these settings for all time. This includes your activity settings as well as your nutrient targets.

The good news is that we are working on a big update to change this! If you can live with your past entries looking 'wrong' for now, keep you activity level set to none to correctly track each day going forward with your fitbit.

Best,

Karen Stark
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• Thanks...it was only a couple of months so I just went back and added the calories identified as the activity from sedentary so they are the same as before and it's set to none moving forward. I have really loved using the fitbit too...I feel the activity is much more accurate - but it also confirmed how I was tracking it before...days like Sunday laundry days came out about the same, which was pretty cool that your activity you have loaded in to track throughout the day pretty much matched the fitbit activity - but I did realize that I was over tracking on airport days - it wasn't as much walking as I thought it was.