100% needed?

Hello here is my question. Does having 100% in the fat, carbohydrate and protein categories are necessary for proper body function? Is the exercise or goal of the site to be 100% in all categories? Or you can stop at 75% fats and carbohydrates, Thanks you.

Comments

• @Nicolas

Thanks for your question!

Just to clarify, in your diary, "macronutrient targets" and "nutrient targets" are slightly different. The macronutrient targets reflect the percentage of calories you consumed from fat vs. protein vs. carbs and depend on the setting that was chosen in your profile.

In nutrient targets, protein, fat, and carbs will show the Dietary Reference Intake values, or "DRIs", as grams, not percentages.

In general, I would aim to meet 100% of the nutrient targets (i.e. the grams), rather than macronutrient targets, since there is no one correct macronutrient target.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Kind regards

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer

• as far as i know there's no magic macro 'target', just different calories. and i'd point out that some of them like cholesterol and saturated fat are actually maximum's not minimums. so it's better to be under 100%

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• and as far as protein goes... it's better to go by individual amino acids. because all protein sources are not created equal. you can be fine with 60g's with one source or need 90 on another...

I am an amateur. I've been using CRON-O-Meter for 10 years and counting, still learning.....

• i'm starting to sound like a run on poster now :)

and as far as fat goes, sat is a maximum. omega 6's and 3' are needed, but i read somewhere that the recommended intake for 3's is based on ALA not DHA/EPA, so if your eating salmon instead of flax or walnuts. then you only need a few hundred mg's not the grams they recommend...

• 100% on point @bracconiere !

Susan Macfarlane, MScA, RD
    Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
    cronometer.com
    As always, any and all postings here are covered by our T&Cs:
    https://forums.cronometer.com/discussion/27/governing-terms-and-disclaimer